Carles Gil

bose

He should definitely be playing ahead of N'Zogbia, but there we are.

Nzogbia was excellent yesterday so he really shouldn't.

He wasn't though. Running into players, giving the ball away, it was standard N'Zogbia fare. He's certainly our weakest link at the moment. Maybe Gil couldn't play as a second striker, which was essentially Zogs role, but I've seen enough of him to say he's a better player. 

Not really fussed as we're playing excellently at present, just hope we keep hold of him in the summer. 

Gil's benefitting from Nigel Reo-Coker syndrome, IMO. He becomes a better and better player the longer he doesn't play.

Nobody is saying he's a world beater. This is such a standard response that a lot of people churn out when it really isn't true.

I'm not saying GIL should be starting.

However let's not kid ourselves that he has scored our goal of the season, has performed pieces of skill that nobody else has equalled and looked (apart from one game) every bit the creative flair player that we so desperately needed.

He deserves a look in. No question.

• Like 3

He wasn't though. Running into players, giving the ball away, it was standard N'Zogbia fare. He's certainly our weakest link at the moment. Maybe Gil couldn't play as a second striker, which was essentially Zogs role, but I've seen enough of him to say he's a better player. 

Not really fussed as we're playing excellently at present, just hope we keep hold of him in the summer. 

Surprised by the comments here. I thought Everton really struggled against N'Zogbia. He held it close to him well and was a good outlet when we put it forward from our own half. One of Zog's better performances for me. As long as we play a diamond I think he and Grealish work quite well together. 

• Like 4

His pass percentage was better than delph, would you say he gave the ball away?

The ovation he got when subbed suggests a lot didn't share your view yesterday.

Sherwood dosen't rate Weimann either so I can see him being out of the 18 when Gabby is fit again.

For the next game against West Ham I'd like to see a bench of: Gabby, Sinclair, Gil, Sanchez, Senderos, Hutton.

Well balanced, two strikers, one creative midfielder, one central midfielder and two defenders. Joe Cole's earnt enough from his pay as you play appearences to have a few weeks out of the 18 now. ;)

Gil's benefitting from Nigel Reo-Coker syndrome, IMO. He becomes a better and better player the longer he doesn't play.

Yes but the problem with your theory is that NRC was actually not very good. Gil has played several times this season and has shown that he is more than good enough. 

• Like 1

N'Zogbia made a decent contribution and certainly deserves to keep his place - crucial movement for the third goal that created the space for Cleverley to run into.

As for Gil - maybe deserves a place on the bench but no big loss while the team performs well like at the moment.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

I can see why but the way I look at it is a new manager comes in and fancies some and doesn't fancy others.

Can't really argue when the results are slowly but surely coming and the performances are this good.

It's a case of trusting Sherwood now I guess and so far he has done well.

Shame as he looked promising.

• Like 1

The way Zog and Jack have been playing of late is better than Gil did against PL opposition so I can see why he's not making the change. Sinclair would probably be next in line as well.

I can see why but the way I look at it is a new manager comes in and fancies some and doesn't fancy others.

Can't really argue when the results are slowly but surely coming and the performances are this good.

It's a case of trusting Sherwood now I guess and so far he has done well.

Shame as he looked promising.

I still don't think it's great man management, even if he feels Gil will struggle with the pace (from what I've seen I don't agree with it) it can't be helping him settle in the area to not get a sniff of playing time. I bet Gil can't believe he gave up a squad place in Valencia for this

Well boo hoo for Gil. Sherwood is getting the most out of this squad and doesn't need Gil at the moment. His man management has been excellent on the squad and he doesn't have to focus on an individual who currently wouldn't make a difference.

Â