New manager

reykjavik

Lots of speculation on Brentford forums about Warburton leaving in the summer to go to either Newcastle or Villa. There's a huge leap in their logic and it's completely unfounded but thought I'd report it anyway as a few here have mentioned Warbs as a potential replacement for Lambert.

• Like 1

Lots of speculation on Brentford forums about Warburton leaving in the summer to go to either Newcastle or Villa. There's a huge leap in their logic and it's completely unfounded but thought I'd report it anyway as a few here have mentioned Warbs as a potential replacement for Lambert.

Was speaking to my Brentford season ticket holder mate yesterday about him going to Leicester and he reckoned Warburton is there for the long haul .. of course I'm not sure how he would \ could know this but he at least wasn't concerned that Warburton could be leaving

Edited by tonyh29

AVB?

I think he's very underrated. In England at least.

When he was at Chelsea I thought he got a raw deal. He inherited an impossible situation with some huge personalities, exacerbated by it being his first big job, so his authority wasn't what it could have been. When he went to Spurs it started off well but ended badly as he seemed to lose the dressing room. Not in the way David O'Leary can lose a dressing room but more in the fact that he couldn't get his ideas across and no-one had a scooby doo what he was trying to achieve.

So while you might be right that he's possibly under-rated in England by virtue of achieving sod all in England, I'm not sure I'd like to see him come to Villa in order to repair that reputation. We're on too large a precipice to risk taking someone on who may not work out and who has failed to work out 2 out of the 2 times he has worked in the league.

my inside info was that he was a control freak and a bit a paranoid  .. so much so that he banned the players from speaking to Jose and when he found out Lampard had ignored him dropped him from the team

yeah he had to deal with some big decisions and personalities but as an example after he left   the players hated Di Matteo but respected him and responded to him in a way they didn't with AVB

Edited by tonyh29

just seen this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2947359/Brentford-considering-parting-company-manager-Mark-Warburton-Bees-Premier-League-mix.html?utm_content=buffer00030&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Brentford are considering the shock step of replacing manager Mark Warburton.

Warburton, who is out of contract in the summer, won promotion from League One last season and has guided them to fourth in the Championship with a crucial game against sixth placed Watford on Tuesday night.
However, reports emanating from Spain last week say that Brentford have earmarked Rayo Vallecano's highly-rated Paco Jemez as the man to replace Warburton at the end of the season.

Intermediaries claiming to represent Brentford have approached the former Spain international sounding out his availability, while Warburton insists that he understands 'the club have to plan for any eventuality.' 
Jemez has plenty of interest and is intrigued by the Brentford project but is keen to take another post in Spain.
Warburton, 52, a former defender at Leicester City, has caught the eye of other clubs also with his work at Brentford and it is understood the Griffin Park club is covering all bases by sounding out other options. 
A club statement read: 'The Club is aware of some press speculation about the future of our Manager, Mark Warburton.
'Given Mark’s increasing profile within the game, we recognise that he will deservedly have turned the heads of other clubs.' 
Warburton said: 'My only focus is on the team and the match tonight [Tuesday]. I'm disappointed that the focus is on all this rather than the game. We are in a good position with 17 games to go.
'The team have done well and I understand the club have to plan for any eventuality, it is a very forward-thinking club. But my only focus is a big game.' 

I'd be very wary of appointing another lower league success as manager given Lambert's record here. I'm not saying they will all be failures but we have to learn something from that appointment.

• Like 1

We will see who QPR take on, as there are no managers about that we could go to?

Sounds like it'll be Laudrup going there. I'm not sure about him in a relegation battle, and if they do get relegated is he the man to sort them out once the financial shit hits the fan?

• Like 1

He's ok but would he be able to cope with the bread and butter premiership games?

Well the ingredients are there, but they require kneading into shape and he will need to rise to the challenge.

If he goes in half baked we could be left with a right shit sandwich.