New manager

reykjavik

What happened to Dragan Stojković? I remember Wenger Identifying him as someone he'd like to take over at Arsenal, because of similarities he sees with himself. 

Edited by useless

My five:

1) Bernd Schuster

2) Aitor Karanka

3) Oscar García

4) Paulo Bento

5) Remi Garde

As with DDID, I can't be sure that they'd all come (No. 5 the most unlikely of the list) although I'm am pretty certain that my first choice, Schuster, would seeing as he joined Malaga in somewhat similar circumstances - i.e. an owner that had publicly given up and wanted out.

Between the two of us we've quite a list. I'm not sure on one or two of yours (or any of SteFANNY's) as I'm sure you feel the same about mine. But could any of them be much worse right now? I don't think so (though I think Garcia is probably too hands off and Curbishley probably should be left in the past, this is why there is a process right?)

• Like 2

I think it shows how big the problem is whenever its hard to think of a manager that could be a solution. We talked of Pulis to save us but then wed only want him until the end of the season. 

We want a European name but then agree perhaps we need experience. We want a high profile name but then recognise that we have no money to spend. We would all love an up and coming manager with a great brand of football from the lower divisions but its too big a risk. We talk of Big Ron, Graham Taylor, Alan Curbishley all managers that have been out of the game over 5 years. 

Paul Lambert is still here, perhaps we would want him here if he wasnt. Unfortunately theres nothing we can do on the finance side of Villa. We will be in for a nervy wait until the end of the season and only relegation or a change in club direction will get him sacked. 

6 year old Villa fan has wrote to Jose Mourinho asking him to take over at Villa.. Bless

Shame these young fans never see good football right now because of Lambert.. i remember when i was around about that age and got upset when we lost.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-unbelievably-cute-six-year-old-aston-8589726?ICID=FB-Birm-avfc

A six-year-old football fan has sent a hand-written letter to Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho begging him to become Aston Villa’s manager.

Jude Branson, a claret and blue fanatic from Selly Oak, has turned to the Special One in a bid to save Villa’s season.

Villa face Premier League leaders Chelsea at Villa Park on Saturday hoping to end a run of eight matches without a win and 10 hours and 12 minutes without a goal.

Jude reckons Mourinho is the best bet to boost the football club’s flagging fortunes - and he has urged the Portuguese boss to bring star striker Diego Costa with him.

In his letter he wrote: “Dear Mr Mourinho, My name is Jude. I am 6 years old and I support Aston Villa. You are my favourite manager. Please could you manage Villa and bring Costa with you? We need help. Thank you Jude Branson.”

Jude’s dad Phil said the youngster became so fed up of watching Paul Lambert’s relegation threatened team lose that he decided to take positive action.

“I took him to the Liverpool match last month and that was the point where he started to get annoyed.” explained Phil.

“We were walking out of the ground after the final whistle and he was moaning asking why we never score or never win.

“The thing is, this is a lad that is totally obsessed with the club, they can do no wrong in his eyes and even he was getting annoyed.

“He said he wanted us to get a new manager so I asked him who does he want.

“Straight away he said Mourinho, no messing! At least he’s got good taste!

“He said he was going to write to him when he got home, so he did. He’s asked Mourinho to come and help, and he’s also asked if he could bring Costa. He’s still convinced that Mourinho is going to come and sort us out.”

Despite his success in winning the Champions League twice with Porto and Inter Milan, and a succession of top flight league titles in Portugal, England, Italy and Spain, Mourinho has never won a match at Villa Park.

His last two visits have ended in 2-0 and 1-0 defeats in 2007 and 2014, with Chelsea drawing on his other two trips to Villa’s stadium.

Who id like in no order .

1. Karl Robinson

2. Frank De Boer

3. Paul Clement

4. Eddie Howe

5. Viktor Pereria or Rudi Garcia

Reality

1. Harry Redknapp

2. Steve Bruce

3. Neil Warnock

4. Chris Coleman

5. Billy Davies or some uninspiring dour Scottish dinosaur of a manager.

He isn't going to go anywhere anytime soon is he :(((

And how many of them will realistically do what you want them to do or actually come here. 

Remi Garde - No chance him leaving Lyon

Slavan Billic - Sacked from one job, In great form and Europe with Besiktas.

Laudrup - Sacked or resigned from 3 of his last 4 clubs

Mclaren - No chance him leaving Derby

Oscar Garcia - Resigned from 3 clubs

Bento - Only managed at one club

Karanka - may be tempted but not during the season.

None of them are coming with no budget to spend!

interesting choices all around mentioned if given options myself id say for the summer and Randy willing to pay for them though

1. David Moyes

2. Rafa Benitez

3. Frank De Boer

4. Karl Robinson

5. Slaven Bilic

6. Steve McLaren

And how many of them will realistically do what you want them to do or actually come here. 

I don't think there will be no money to spend in the summer. Not that there will be lots, but I don't expect the sort of budget-market only signings we have seen for the last few years. Just a hunch. 

I think we would be able to attract some of the sort of names bandied around in this thread IN THE SUMMER. NOT now, no chance. If we don't finish strongly or end up higher than 15th I'd be all for making the change when June rolls around. If we change now who knows who we'd get in but the chances are we'd want them gone sooner rather than later. 

Remi Garde is no longer at Lyon..

So he is an option if we looked for another manager

Sums up the lack of knowledge behind this post to be honest.

• Like 4

was thinking the same thing

• Like 1

was thinking the same thing

Thanks for the contribution. Id like some reasoning as to why you then think these candidates are realistic, would actually want to come and be more of a success.  

Mistake on my part I though he was responsible for Lyons great form this season but turns out they have been better off without him.

Edited by Nicho

I do not get why so many want Bilic. What am I missing?

Also, Laudrup will get you playing well for a while before something goes wrong and he chickens out. No determination or loyalty at all, it seems.

In fact, while I can agree that right now it seems a change might be for the best, I see very few realistic candidates in this thread who I think would be a better long term solution than Lambert. I'm sure there are a few such candidates out there but reading this thread gives me the impression that people think just about anyone is better than Lambert, and I do not think that is true at all.

Because he's everything Lambert isn't

Passionate takes no prisoners and always gets the best out of his players his rapier style of football is also great to watch

Edited by AshVilla

Because he's everything Lambert isn't

Passionate takes no prisoners and always gets the best out of his players his rapier style of football is also great to watch

Too me he's borderline unstable and an accident waiting to happen, like a DiCanio without the public fascist salutes. But hey, I might be wrong. I just don't see anything in his record or personality that I want in our next manager.

Then again, I don't want 'everything Lambert isn't'. I think there is a lot to like about him, even though I'm aware that's a minority view.

Edited by Michelsen