New manager

reykjavik

If Fox is still around when it's time for a new Manager, then I think he'll do his best to try and get someone in who he sees as having similar qualities to Wenger. Though hopefully he won't need to.

I think he did a good job keeping Swansea ticking over at their potential. Won a cup. Allegedly lost the dressing room? Think it was more him losing the board. Was a magnificent player, would be a draw. We'd play decent football and I think we have the players for it. Think he'd be short term and I don't think he'd fancy the challenge.

He's basically everything Lambert is not. I imagine that's where it is coming from. I'd take him, though he's not my first choice.

Thanks for saving me posting the same response DDID ;-)

• Like 1

Or Foreign coach with fresh ideas and wants to prove himself in the Premier League

Sounds like Slaven Bilic to me

I think Bilic would be great for us, have done for a while. Always strikes me as a tad unconventional but yeah, would be hard pushed to do a worse job that our current manager!

I must admit to being firmly in the Bilic camp. I think he'd be perfect for us & vice versa. I can't see it happening though,at least while the current regime are in charge!

Like many on here,I agree that our great club at the moment is rotten to the core. I honestly believe that on our current form we will only avoid relegation by the grace of God!

It's going to get worse before it gets better I fear!  :(

if Fox was as smart as he'd like us to believe, he'd have 5 names on speed dial ready to replace Lambert at a moment's notice. 

what 5 names would you have? Its hardly the easiest thing in te world since people on here can barely think of 1 genuine choice

if Fox was as smart as he'd like us to believe, he'd have 5 names on speed dial ready to replace Lambert at a moment's notice.

what 5 names would you have? Its hardly the easiest thing in te world since people on here can barely think of 1 genuine choice

1) Remi Garde

2) Slavan Bilic

3) Michael Laudrup

4) Alan Curbishley

5) Steve McLaren

Not sure if they are all realistic, certainly number 4 might raise a few eyebrows! But there's 5 straight off the top of my head that I'd be calling.

• Like 1

My five:

1) Bernd Schuster

2) Aitor Karanka

3) Oscar García

4) Paulo Bento

5) Remi Garde

As with DDID, I can't be sure that they'd all come (No. 5 the most unlikely of the list) although I'm am pretty certain that my first choice, Schuster, would seeing as he joined Malaga in somewhat similar circumstances - i.e. an owner that had publicly given up and wanted out.

How about someone like Westwood after he's completed his Apprenticeship under the master, in say 10/15 years time? He strikes me as someone who'd want to play football the right way. A bit far fetched maybe.