New manager

reykjavik

Not wanting Sherwood is like a passenger on the titanic turning down a piece of driftwood.

We should be thankful if we get anyone at all.

Short term till we are safe or relegated, then appoint another up and coming manager such as Lambert and give HIM time (although not nearly 3 seasons if he is record breakingly bad !!).

The principle was right with Lambert, just stuck with him too long when he was failing.

But short term - any manager who will come.

Edited by terrytini

Not Sherwood.

Not Redknapp.

Just about anybody else would be fine.

For 4 months I'd take Sherwood. Back to basics. 442 no messing. Bish bash bosh. You know what you're getting. It's so different to what we've been doing that for that fact alone it's worth a try.
I wouldn't.

I'd genuinely prefer Lambert to stay.

There are a million managers out there. If Sherwood is really the best we can come up with then god help us.

Tim Sherwood Premier League Record :

P        W        D        L         F         A              WIN %

22      13        3        6        40       30             59.09

With better players, yes, but still not bad. I dont really care about a  managers personality as long as he gets results.

Not Sherwood.

Not Redknapp.

Just about anybody else would be fine.

For 4 months I'd take Sherwood. Back to basics. 442 no messing. Bish bash bosh. You know what you're getting. It's so different to what we've been doing that for that fact alone it's worth a try.
I wouldn't.

I'd genuinely prefer Lambert to stay.

There are a million managers out there. If Sherwood is really the best we can come up with then god help us.

It's only as a fire fight though. As a shock to the collective system. You wouldn't want him hanging around afterwards but he could save a stagnant season. He's done it once before quite spectacularly.

I think Sherwood is a hilarious guy and passionate, some of the stuff he said when at spurs and how genuinely angry he got when people questioned him or players looked like they weren't giving there all was refreshing. It's not about personalities or experience or wages or anything other than being committed and in-form. If he can get 11 players in our squad commited and in-form for 12 games then we've got a much much better chance of staying up.

Edit: and he would do that. Better than most other candidates. And isn't a short-term option, he'd be good moving forward. Anyone who thinks that Lambert would have done similar or better than Sherwood did at spurs is deluded at this stage.

Edited by skarroki

I dont think there's many people i would say no to at this point, there is not a manager in the world who would do any worse, we dont even score a goal ffs. Get bert and ernie in with the chuckle brothers as their backroom staff i really dont give a shit anymore aslong as it isnt Lambert.