New manager

reykjavik

The way some people are going on you'd think we are points adrift at the bottom of the table. Names like Grayson, Gray, Hoddle and Clough are absolutely atrocious suggestions.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

we were good defensively, but that seems to be changing.

Dropping Cissokho was a huge mistake (unless he was unfit) as he may not be great going forward at the moment but he adds much needed defensive cover, cover which we lost with Richardson.

Sanchez's half passes and falling over his own feet cost us much needed defensive composure v Arsenal, his interceptions have been crucial to us being more solid. If he continues to play like a blinkered horse on roller-skates then we will crumble.

Plus Okore getting tight to players in midfield is also a bad tactical move. If any of that back 4 get injured and Vlaar isn't available then you play Russian Roulette with Baker, Lowton and Senderos if he ever recovers from his phantom hamstring strain.

My issue is the moment we seemed to decide that all our width and creativity was coming from wing backs and not through hitting teams on the break with Gabby or Weimann breaking quickly or long balls to Benteke - then that was the moment we stopped scoring. Any possession centrally is just wasted.

Only Gabby for all his crapness can seem to cross a decent ball, but he rarely ever gets into positions to do so. Gil probably can but the rest are dire.

I hate to say this but we need Gabby back as well as Gil and Sinclair playing.

i think we are 5 games away from redemption or disaster.

Wrong topic for this, but the problem is that Lambert appears to struggle to get a balance between defence and attack.

First couple of seasons we were decent enough going forward but our defence was absolutely atrocious.

This season we clearly shifted tactics to tighten up the defence, which was successful, but the sacrifice we made was losing any attacking potency that we had.

Now, Lambert's trying to adjust and add more goals again and, judging by the Arsenal performance, he's got the balance wrong again.

It seems to go from one extreme to the other and I don't know if he even knows how to fix it.

But that doesn't change the fact that our defence HAS been decent this season. Not amazing, not incredible, but decent and certainly an improvement on Lambert's previous tenure here. That's not even a positive as you could argue it's actually been detrimental to the team. But it is a fact (or at least it was prior to the arsenal game)

People still want Klopp? Are you even following how Dortmund are doing in the league currently?

Ya, but come on, he is still really cool. Think he would love Birmingham and it's heavy metal history. From the Ruhr valley, the heartland of German industry to the epicentre of the industrial midlands. You can sense the synergy there already. Then Dortmund get one of their former heroes back in return.. It's a match made in heaven !!*

*Disclaimer: I think there is more chance of Tom Cleverley scoring a worldie against Chelsea than I think there is of this actually happening.

Lamebert?

Really?

Anyway, I'm not totally sure what Laudrup did to gain such a reputation in England. Not that I don't think he'd be better than Lambert. He would. But I'm surprised he's so many people's first choice.

Lamebert?

Really?

Anyway, I'm not totally sure what Laudrup did to gain such a reputation in England. Not that I don't think he'd be better than Lambert. He would. But I'm surprised he's so many people's first choice.

I think he did a good job keeping Swansea ticking over at their potential. Won a cup. Allegedly lost the dressing room? Think it was more him losing the board. Was a magnificent player, would be a draw. We'd play decent football and I think we have the players for it. Think he'd be short term and I don't think he'd fancy the challenge.

He's basically everything Lambert is not. I imagine that's where it is coming from. I'd take him, though he's not my first choice.

Lamebert?

Really?

Yes, dont you know its LAMBERK!!!!