New manager

reykjavik

We can do worse than Lambert.

To replace Lambert with someone worse is going to give us away.

We have problems with our offense. Yes.

But there are teams that have problems at both ends of the pitch out there. 

We need to fix our offense while maintaining our defensive strength or else we are **** permanently. 

We need to fix our offense while maintaining our defensive strength or else we are **** permanently. 

You do know last Sundays score. We can do a whole lot better than Lambert.

This 'we are good defensivley' .....where does it come from ? - Weve kept clean sheets, v palace, sunderland, and Blackpool in recent times.  Leicter and Liverpool both could have had a hatful against us, and the inevitable happened v Arsenal...

This 'we are good defensivley' .....where does it come from ? - Weve kept clean sheets, v palace, sunderland, and Blackpool in recent times.  Leicter and Liverpool both could have had a hatful against us, and the inevitable happened v Arsenal...

I suspect people who prefer to glean from stats rather than derive their opinions from watching the game

I sincerely hope that i have got this completely wrong.

but I don't see Gil or Sinclair delivering the holy grail....Thats not to say they are decent signings, they might be. I think this problem or ours is not going to be fixed by a few players.

This is a team problem, its collective not as individual as some seem to think, thats my view.

Thats not to say they are not individual errors during a game, just saying they are so plentiful.

I feel a tad sorry for Gil as I do Sanchez, because i think they are decent in their own rights.... It doesn't matter who we bring in, we seems to bring them down.

I believe there is an under current. and its a big worry.

Yep agreed, we are a cesspit from the ground up right now, there's very little I wouldn't change about our club, from jack the prat being our main media man to he who shall no longer be named in charge.

If we do get praised defensively, its because everyone is defensively coached apart from Benteke.

I recall John Gregory coming to us from Wycombe Wanderers and they were in the equivalent of league one. His management experience before that was caretaker manager of Plymouth and manager of Portsmouth. Hardly huge jobs!

Villa are not too big a job for the likes of past players such as Simon Grayson and Stuart Gray. An ex player like either of those might just manage to instil some belief and passion into our players, who I believe are better than a bunch of relegation battlers.

The fact that we've got a good defensive record this season. Prior to the Arsenal game I think our defence was 5th/6th best in the league - even now we've still let in less goals than the majority of teams in the league.

There's a reason why we're not even in the relegation zone despite scoring the fewest goals in the entire football league.

The fact that we've got a good defensive record this season. Prior to the Arsenal game I think our defence was 5th/6th best in the league - even now we've still let in less goals than the majority of teams in the league.

There's a reason why we're not even in the relegation zone despite scoring the fewest goals in the entire football league.

Yeah the teams below us are really really shit.

An to be fair a goal difference of -19 says otherwise about our defence.

Never said they weren't.

No it doesn't. The poor goal difference is a result of our incredibly poor attack. Go and look at our goals against tally.

I'm not saying this is in any way acceptable by the way, but our defence has been decent this season.

Never said they weren't.

No it doesn't. The poor goal difference is a result of our incredibly poor attack. Go and look at our goals against tally.

I'm not saying this is in any way acceptable by the way, but our defence has been decent this season.

Like I keep saying, the defence is only good because nearly every player is coached to be defensive minded, Which is why our attack is useless and there is so much possession sideways and backwards.

• Like 2

I think one of the main reasons we have been good is that we have stronger fullbacks and Sanchez shielding the defence.  We haven't played negative football as such since we changed the style.  It's just ineffective.  It is sideways with little movement.  It's not like 10 men behind the ball and hope to nick one.  We are having the ball we just don't know what to do with it. 

• Like 3

With a few more attacked minded players in our team now like Gil centrally we will be more open in games so we'll be conceding more.

Which will be a major problem as I don't see us outscoring teams like we were doing second half of 12/13 as we can't even score one goal currently.

• Like 2

I suspect people who prefer to glean from stats rather than derive their opinions from watching the game

Yes we were clearly good defensively against Arsenal

Which bright spark's idea was it to play such a high line when they had the likes of Walcott e.t.c

Umm Lambert?