The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

So, ok, we've established many many terrorist bad guys are muslim. It's a given, there is no debate (unless you want to get philosophical).

In round numbers there are 12 million muslims in the UK, France and Germany.

What do the people that are so worried about islam suggest we do to stop or limit islamic terrorism in europe? At the moment, I could be wrong, but I'm picking up the inference that we have to stop migration of brown people. That still leaves 12 million already here. So we have repatriation? OK, line up the buses and ship them to Turkey. Now, just a few million that were born here and have cockney and northern accents etc.. What's the plan for them? 

• Like 3

Although it may not seem like it due to social media I think the people that are blaming all Muslims are only in a small minority and certainly I haven't seen any on here.

Hopefully the world will sit up and act with regards to ISIS - they need to be crushed decisively.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

No more ifs and buts. NATO invasion of Syria and Iraq from Turkey. Isolationism doesn't work in a modern world of horror. 

The army are ready for danger, civilians are not. 

Yes, I can quite see how invading two separate nations as an emotional response to violence will definitely make us all safer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So, ok, we've established many many terrorist bad guys are muslim. It's a given, there is no debate (unless you want to get philosophical).

In round numbers there are 12 million muslims in the UK, France and Germany.

What do the people that are so worried about islam suggest we do to stop or limit islamic terrorism in europe? At the moment, I could be wrong, but I'm picking up the inference that we have to stop migration of brown people. That still leaves 12 million already here. So we have repatriation? OK, line up the buses and ship them to Turkey. Now, just a few million that were born here and have cockney and northern accents etc.. What's the plan for them? 

This is the point I'm trying to make. That is the logical conclusion to draw from people constantly reiterating that Islam is the (only) issue. If we concede that it is the issue, what do we do about it then? People aren't being upfront for fear of being labelled intolerant :lol: . As if that rhetoric isn't infinitely more problematic.

i can honestly say its an unwinnable war, whatever we do will not stop their ideology and agenda. push forward with military action and expect more attacks, do nothing and expect more attacks. this shit runs too deep and im honestly dreading whats coming to us in years to come. we need to take a look at ourself as well with our foreign policy but either way this shit would still be happening and they have many excuses to why they are the way they are. fighting people who are prepared to blow themselves up for god and leaving their families behind, where do you even begin to get a strategy in place to stem this evil cult. what a horrible mess.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The words of La Marseillaise are a bit chilling in the current climate.

France and Russia are pretty high on the Likely To Do Something Drastic When Pissed Off chart.

Perhaps Israel doesn't figure in the 'Army of Rome' IS are looking to engage in Syria?

Maybe Jesus and his army raze Tel Aviv after Dabiq?

1 hour ago, Awol said:
1 hour ago, Awol said:

Good job I explicitly didn't generalize about the 1 billion or so Muslims in the world and addressed a very specific problem, i.e. Wahhabi extremism and its use as the foundational bedrock of Sunni Jihadism. Not sure why you'd interpret that as Muslim lives mattering less to me, but as you ask I work for free helping Muslims in places that most people wouldn't go if you paid them. Hope that answers your question.   

Good job I explicitly didn't generalize about the 1 billion or so Muslims in the world and addressed a very specific problem, i.e. Wahhabi extremism and its use as the foundational bedrock of Sunni Jihadism. Not sure why you'd interpret that as Muslim lives mattering less to me, but as you ask I work for free helping Muslims in places that most people wouldn't go if you paid them. Hope that answers your question.   

What are you on? Wahabism is the foundation of the Saudi state. They are in direct competition with ISIS who are trying to make their own kaliphat. You are comparing apples to oranges, and are generalizing Muslims/Arabs. It is like saying Italians and Finns are the same shit.

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

reports suggesting one of the suicide bombers was only 15 which is crazy.

Makes sense really.  Probably a pissed off youth who's incredibly impressionable who's looking to feel "apart"  of something to gain an identity.  Been fed loads of bullshit by other extremists that he's doing a good thing,  but really those people couldn't give a shit that he's just killed himself for their cause.   

• Like 1

What a horrible horrible night of events in Paris., My good mood about some time off work has completely gone. I just feel empty. RIP to the victims.

The fact this doesn't happen more in the UK is, I'm guessing, down to the fantastic work of our security services. Long may that continue

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Terrorists claim Muslims are treated like shit to bring in young Muslims who feel separated from society > Terrorists bomb a city > mass fear promoted by the media, far right and those on social media about Muslims > Terrorists say 'told you so' > Use this to attract more young Muslims > the circle continues.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Makes sense really.  Probably a pissed off youth who's incredibly impressionable who's looking to feel "apart"  of something to gain an identity.  Been fed loads of bullshit by other extremists that he's doing a good thing,  but really those people couldn't give a shit that he's just killed himself for their cause.   

definitely see how easy it is but its still shocking. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

What a horrible horrible night of events in Paris., My good mood about some time off work has completely gone. I just feel empty. RIP to the victims.

The fact this doesn't happen more in the UK is, I'm guessing, down to the fantastic work of our security services. Long may that continue

the bad news is my friend that it will definitely happen here again and again and again and again.

Â