The_Rev

From what I can recall off the top of my head Clark has scored:

2 against Arsenal home in 10/11

1 against Chelsea away in 10/11

1 against Bristol Rovers away in 11/12

1 against Spurs home 11/12

1 against Newcastle away 12/13

1 against Leicester home 14/15

Funnily enough, I've seen 4 of those in person and I only go to about 8 games or so a season.

You must be Rain man to recall 7 Clark goals and the opponents off the top of your head.
  • Like 2

Funnily enough, I've seen 4 of those in person and I only go to about 8 games or so a season.

But who's on first base?

Clark scoring 8 goals surprises me, struggling to recall them all.

Sinclair will be making the biggest jump up that list I reckon, 15 goals in all competitions this season would be a good target for him to aim for.

Been meaning to say that your complete goal scorer list is superb BOF, love stuff like that.

Yeah he scored a couple in 10/11 when he played DM....2 v Arsenal and a late one at Chelsea I remember.

Even though our delivery is awful he really should chip in with a couple from corners.

And one in the FA cup against Blackburn under Houllier. Pires also scored in that game.

You must be Rain man to recall 7 Clark goals and the opponents off the top of your head.

Only one that escaped my mind when I tried to count em was the Bristol Rovers goal, even though I saw a highlight of it recently. Good goal too. I guess it helps that I really started religiously following/watching Villa games during Clark's breakthrough season.

I must admit to be being pleasantly surprised by the start he's made to the season. I'm not a hundred percent convinced he's the answer to all our problems, but he's got five under the belt and it'll be interesting to see how many he can now add to that over the course of the season - if he gets another ten, then people are going to have to start talking about him as an England international and something of a star rather than just another footballer. Ten in 36 isn't beyond him at all.

Definitely.

I'm with you that he doesn't at the moment seem the answer to our problems but the boy seems to get goals. Moving inside allowing others to put the ball in will suit his style and ability plus as managers realise he's doing that he'll get more freedom when wide, he needs more space cuttting in.

And one in the FA cup against Blackburn under Houllier. Pires also scored in that game.
Didn't he also bag one from a corner against West Ham a few years ago?

Mainly my fault, his being level with Sinclair surprised me. I'm heading back to the Lescott thread to see if the chat has returned to Kenneth Williams.

On Sinclair, do we think he's most likely going to benefit by starting with a partner alongside him, or maybe as a lone striker with Adama, Gil & Grealish behind him?

What I like to think is that we swapped Weimann for Sinclair. Same fee right?

Yep, and Weimann only manged 22 Villa goals in his whole time here. Sinclair will catch up by the end of the season

Edited by WooJung

What I like to think is that we swapped Weimann for Sinclair. Same fee right?

Yep, and Weimann only manged 22 Villa goals in his whole time here. Sinclair will catch up by the end of the season

*cough* 24 #nitpick.

Â