Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

For now Sinclair needs to lead the line. I would stick him up front. Play a midfield of Grealish, Traore and Gil with Sanchez (or Westwood), Gana in the centre.

This is exactly what I would do. On form Sinclair deserves to be first choice up top - no point going on about competition for places if someone steps up and then isn't rewarded for it. With the new Holy Trinity behind and really any two of our 4 central midfielders (although Gana like Sinclair has earned the first choice spot atm) we should create shedloads of chances for him to get on the end of.

Edited by 82Villan
  • Like 1

As it stands it's worth a go giving him a go as the main striker, but just because he's scored a few goals against Sunderland and lower league opposition, I don't think that makes him the next Gerd Müller.

As it stands it's worth a go giving him a go as the main striker, but just because he's scored a few goals against Sunderland and lower league opposition, I don't think that makes him the next Gerd Müller.

that is absolutely classic VillaTalk.

• Like 1

What do you mean. People are talking about him as if he's all of a sudden just a goal poacher and nothing else. In another thread someone says that he could score 20+ goals if we play him as the main striker and in this thread people are comparing him to Gary Lineker and Inzaghi.

Well you could say that Lineker and Inzaghi are names pulled out of nowhere. Sinclair is nothing like either of those two in terms of style. If anything people suggesting he's going to be the answer to our goal problems after scoring a few against Notts County and Sunderland is classic Villa Talk.

He might well be the answer to our goal scoring problems, it's the idea that he's a goal poacher and nothing else that I disagree with. I happen to think he's a good all-round player who will offer good competition to Grealish and Traore in the 'second striker' type roles.

I'm not sure about everyone else but every time we were on the attack I found myself hoping the final pass would ultimately fall to Sinclair.

Easy to say after this week and perhaps too early to say, but I think he's nailed on to be our top scorer. Yes, the goals have included two penalties and a couple of tap ins, but he's getting into the position for those tap ins (he's a good poacher, but he offers much more than that IMO).

As Richards says he's a bargain and so far he's scored 5 times as many goals as that bloke Liverpool bought for £30m more.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1

I said a couple of weeks ago that Sinclair needs a decent run in the side in order to form an opinion. Whether that be as lone striker, one of a pair, a winger or as a number 10, I do not know. What I feel certain about is that if he is a regular for us, he will hit double figures this season. We spoke about the need to share the responsibility of goalscoring, well Sinclair certainly fits the bill. I would add that the type of ball that Traore will send into the box would be the type that Sinclair would thrive on as they seem to be on the floor, rather than in the air.

• Like 2

Â