Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Funny player Sinclair.When he was on loan last season, i thought he looked like a player who had been out of the game for a while, his touch was hit and miss, his positioning not great, and his awareness a bit lacking, but he always looked a goal threat.

Now move forward this season, he has been brought inside a bit, and looks  a better player.His movement for his 2nd goal yday, was very similar to his 2nd against County, hes in the right position, i could never/have never seen Gabby score goals like that.

I think, if Gestade doesn't step up, and we don't get another striker, then i wouldn't be too upset if we give Sinclair a go up front on his own.

• Like 1

I said last season when he first joined that I thought he was playing even better for us than I ever saw him play for Swansea.

He's playing even better for us than he did for Swansea.

I also said this

Not sure how people are so quick to think that he might offer more than Weimann and Agbonlahor just because they've been pretty poor doesn't mean any old player will be more affective. Sinclair has had one decent season at Swansea. I'd file him next to Carlton Cole and Josh Mceachran as over hyped Chelsea youth products.

So he proved me wrong pretty fast, I think.

It says something about the new make-up of our squad when Sinclair (on 8) is now the joint second highest Villa scorer in the squad (level with Clark) behind Gabby (84).

In fact, just looking there.  The sum total of every goal in our squad other than Gabby is 42, exactly half of Gabby's total.  Mildly interesting.

• Like 2

It says something about the new make-up of our squad when Sinclair (on 8) is now the joint second highest Villa scorer in the squad (level with Clark) behind Gabby (84).

In fact, just looking there.  The sum total of every goal in our squad other than Gabby is 42, exactly half of Gabby's total.  Mildly interesting.

Very mildly, I might add.

• Like 1

I must admit to be being pleasantly surprised by the start he's made to the season. I'm not a hundred percent convinced he's the answer to all our problems, but he's got five under the belt and it'll be interesting to see how many he can now add to that over the course of the season - if he gets another ten, then people are going to have to start talking about him as an England international and something of a star rather than just another footballer. Ten in 36 isn't beyond him at all.

So, enlighten me - what do you think it says?

It, ehh, umm ... it says that none of these guys have been here long, or if they have then they haven't scored much.  Basically we're a squad full of youth and/or impotence.  Time will tell which it is :)

• Like 1

Clark scoring 8 goals surprises me, struggling to recall them all.

Sinclair will be making the biggest jump up that list I reckon, 15 goals in all competitions this season would be a good target for him to aim for.

Been meaning to say that your complete goal scorer list is superb BOF, love stuff like that.

• Like 1

Clark scoring 8 goals surprises me, struggling to recall them all.

Sinclair will be making the biggest jump up that list I reckon, 15 goals in all competitions this season would be a good target for him to aim for.

Been meaning to say that your complete goal scorer list is superb BOF, love stuff like that.

He had a good little scoring patch under Houllier which probably made up most of it

From what I can recall off the top of my head Clark has scored:

2 against Arsenal home in 10/11

1 against Chelsea away in 10/11

1 against Bristol Rovers away in 11/12

1 against Spurs home 11/12

1 against Newcastle away 12/13

1 against Leicester home 14/15

Funnily enough, I've seen 4 of those in person and I only go to about 8 games or so a season.

Â