Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

What were we paying him a week? It won't be much of a profit If it was £60K.

Profit doesn't really enter the equation anyway, given we've just been taken over. The way I see it, its another £4milion towards the rebuild.

We're currently getting rid of the sellable assets. £16 million for Clark Gana,  and Sinclair is OK . We've also got N'Zogbia & Guzan off the books. The 4 that have come in look good.

Another 4  this window would be good.. 2 of Lescott Richards and Gabby gone would be great.

Edited by Butterfingers

On 04/01/2015 at 11:35, useless said:

Not sure how people are so quick to think that he might offer more than Weimann and Agbonlahor just because they've been pretty poor doesn't mean any old player will be more affective. Sinclair has had one decent season at Swansea. I'd file him next to Carlton Cole and Josh Mceachran as over hyped Chelsea youth products.

I'm not proud of being absolutely correct. Forget about that though, and good luck to him at Celtic.

On 20/05/2015 at 14:19, useless said:

Very good signing indeed, we've basically got ourselves a twenty million plus player here.

Humble and magnanimous of me to highlight when I got it wrong. I just hope I get it right next time.

Edited by useless

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/celtic-agree-deal-to-sign-midfielder-scott-sinclair-1-4195677

The Scotsman is reporting it now too.

"Celtic have finally agreed a deal with Aston Villa to sign Scott Sinclair after weeks of pursuing the midfielder. Sinclair, 27, has reportedly agreed terms and will complete the deal, thought to be worth around £4m, once he travels north to complete his medical."

£4 million!!!

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/celtic/celtic-agree-deal-to-sign-midfielder-scott-sinclair-1-4195677

The Scotsman is reporting it now too.

"Celtic have finally agreed a deal with Aston Villa to sign Scott Sinclair after weeks of pursuing the midfielder. Sinclair, 27, has reportedly agreed terms and will complete the deal, thought to be worth around £4m, once he travels north to complete his medical."

tumblr_n4iuliOlHb1tziei6o1_500.gif

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

When you've got Flanaghan you don't really need a succesful footy career. 

As millionaire footballer's women go I never really got the appeal of her, she is alright and I probably would myself but I've been with nicer.

As for Sinclair well he underperformed massively, he will probably do ok in Scotland with the style of football Rodger's will have them playing. He wasn't suited to long balls up to Gestede or midfielders playing sidewards passes to Hutton/Cissokho type rubbish that was served up. 

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

As millionaire footballer's women go I never really got the appeal of her, she is alright and I probably would myself but I've been with nicer.

As for Sinclair well he underperformed massively, he will probably do ok in Scotland with the style of football Rodger's will have them playing. He wasn't suited to long balls up to Gestede or midfielders playing sidewards passes to Hutton/Cissokho type rubbish that was served up. 

I aint.

of all the shit in recent years for me he is easily the worst player to ever wear a Villa jersey, absolute crap and wouldnt be surprised he struggles in Scotland

never forgive Lambert for bringing this fraud to Villa

Quite a few sites reporting that he's having a a medical at Celtic, including Sky Sports, so sounds like it's all going ahead.

SkySports Twitter:

BREAKING: Scott Sinclair having @celticfc medical this morning ahead of proposed move from @AVFCOfficial.

Edit: deleted picture of Helen Flanagan in a state of undress as thought 'there's kids that read this'.

Edited by alreadyexists

15 hours ago, useless said:

I'm not proud of being absolutely correct. Forget about that though, and good luck to him at Celtic.

I felt the same way. I couldn't understand why we offered him a contract. His loan period showed me he wasn't good enough. Yet another awful decision which signalled our downfall like offering Gabby a new contract when everyone knew he should have been sent packing and extending Lamberts contract when we should have ditched him. 

12 hours ago, ender4 said:

£4 million!!!

Yes,  remarkable really.  Is Xia our very own Levy?  I am sure we would have accepted £1m or so under Lerner. 

10 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Quite the claim that you've been with nicer than Helen Flanagan!

• Like 1

Â