Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

http://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2016/8/6/12392466/celtic-seal-deal-for-4-5-million-aston-villa-winger

Scott Sinclair has reportedly completed a £4.5 million move north of the border to Scotland.

According to the Glasgow Evening Times, Glasgow Celtic have signed the English winger and it's expected that Sinclair will slot straight into their first team.

Sinclair hasn't been the best player for Aston Villa, but he’s been far from the worse and could have still ‘done a job’ in Birmingham this coming season. That being said, it’s past time to blood Adama Traore, Andre Green and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, so clearing Sinclair out means a chance for the future to push through.

Celtic’s initial bid was around £2 million and Aston Villa have done well here to get over double that figure. Villa signed Sinclair last summer from Manchester City for about £2.5 million, so to make money off of Scott is pretty good news.

Sinclair will join former boss Brendan Rogers at Celtic in a Swansea City reunion. Good luck, Scott.

Put the money towards one of the 3 bids we currently have in and it's a real bonus.

I've no real animosity towards Sinclair, as I have to others from last season.  I just think the time is right to draw a line with him.  It didn't work out for him here.  Ironic but this time last season, I was all for giving him a run up top.  That worked out well I must say.  He had his chance at the start of last season and failed to produce.

BBC reporting medical too! 

Link

Aston Villa winger Scott Sinclair has arrived in Glasgow ahead of a proposed move to Celtic.

The 27-year-old was due to have a medical and was seen attending a hospital in the city on Saturday morning.

"There's no smoke without fire and there's been a lot of smoke," joked Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers at his club's media conference on Friday.

"Scott's a player I know well. I'd hope to sign a player before the weekend."

Aston Villa boss Roberto di Matteo confirmed on Friday that Celtic have made an offer.

...Rodgers is keen to land Sinclair, who moved to Villa from Manchester City last summer on a four-year contract.

The pair worked together for a second time at Swansea City from 2010 to 2012.

"I had him in at Chelsea when he was 16 years of age out of Bristol Rovers, I know him probably as well as anyone and I know his qualities," added Rodgers.

"But there is a number of players that we are looking at and all of them we hope can improve the squad."

"The squad will be better and stronger by the time we arrive at the next European games.

"We'd like to get in at least one new player before the deadline."

Whilst RDM may have seen something in him, will be really pleased if this goes through!

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

of all the shit in recent years for me he is easily the worst player to ever wear a Villa jersey, absolute crap and wouldnt be surprised he struggles in Scotland

never forgive Lambert for bringing this fraud to Villa

Have you not seen Gabby? Shame we couldn't have brokered a buy one get one free deal though- I would happily have driven them both north 

And the best thing about this is (apart from the transfer profit and the fact we don't automatically have ten men when he 'plays') is that if he does somehow regain his Swansea form like some think he could, he will be absolutely no threat to us whatsoever. 

50 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Be good if we can have one final batch of pics of his Mrs before it does.

Is it just me who dosen't think she looks that great...well if you can look above her midriff!

I thought she looked much better when she was in Corrie years ago although she was only about 14 then....I'll leave it at that.

Might be a moot point but I think being with her took the hunger out of Sinclair for Football being a main priority for him.

Anyway glad he's gone, 16m for him, Clark and Gana, not bad chaps. 

31 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

And the best thing about this is (apart from the transfer profit and the fact we don't automatically have ten men when he 'plays') is that if he does somehow regain his Swansea form like some think he could, he will be absolutely no threat to us whatsoever. 

You do know that Celtics often play in the champions league right?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

You do know that Celtics often play in the champions league right?

Richard's right, they won't make the final. Probably get knocked out by some no mark team like Bayern Munich or Chelsea. 

Â