Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

He only played like that once for us.  He was very good last night.  Such a frustrating player when you see what he's capable of.  It must be a motivation thing.  He must just struggle to get his head in the right place.  Ability-wise he's too good for Scotland.

• Like 1

I'm glad he is doing well for Celtic. I never had any hard feelings for Sinclair. He tended to disappear from matches because of tactics, lack of his own ability, and maybe his willingness, but he never did anything to make me dislike him. He just wasn't the player we needed him to be. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Celtic forward Scott Sinclair is relishing the prospect of experiencing his first Old Firm derby at Ibrox.

The Premiership leaders, 14 points clear at the top of the table, face Rangers on 31 December.

"It is great for all footballers," said the 27-year-old. "The hatred, that all the fans don't like you and all our fans are behind us."

Don't lie Scott.

He's doing well but that shouldn't be a surprise in a league where the likes of Gary Hooper, Kris Commons, Leigh Griffiths and Scott McDonald can look like Messi and Suarez in the Celtic team. 

• 3 months later...

He has the time of his live right now at Celtic. Scoring a hattrick again.

People are always slamming the Scottish Premiership. It is bad.

But it also shows that Sinclair is a talented player, that was a bit wasted at Villa imo.

I am not saying that he would have been something special elsewhere in the PL. But he isn't a bad player.

He is top scorer in a crap league, proves nothing to me

an absolute shit footballer with no heart when the pressure is on. I would expect Gabby to hit 20 goals in the SPL for this Celtic team

• Like 2

He's not a talented player, he has simply found a level he can excel at. He's not premier league quality, which is why he has never really performed at that level outside of one decent season at Swansea. 

He has only ever stood out at a poor level, such as that one very good season he had in the Championship and now the SPL, which is frankly a poorer quality league than the Championship is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

last few SPL top scorers were Griffiths,Boyd, Miller, McDonald, Commons, Adam Rooney, Higdon

hardly set the Championship alight some could barely get a game at League 1

It's bottom half Championship level, so clearly Sinclair will be comfortable doing his 'thing'.

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's bottom half Championship level, so clearly Sinclair will be comfortable doing his 'thing'.

Celtic are prolly bottom half championship but the rest of the spl is more like league 2 that's why they cake walk it. 

The thing is if Scottish clubs were allowed to play in the Premier League Celtic would be right up there as they could attract the best players. Rangers maybe too. With regard to Sinclair its easier to play in a  side who win every week than one that lost every week, but you cant take it away from him, he's a had a great season.

The title medal he receives and the goals he scored are worth less than the time I won the league at power league. At least that was an even fight. Even I would be embarrassed to celebrate those goals knowing the team I have behind me and the opposition I am playing.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's obviously not a bad player - god knows what happened here.  

He was being forced to play matches against real footballers rather than pretend footballers.

• Like 4

Â