Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

55 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think Sinclair is as bad as many on this forum make out.  

That sentence applies for a few of them to be honest, as I've said most people fail to recognise the whole team/season were collectively shite, and we don't necessarily have the worst individuals. Most people were pleased when he got here, and when he was scoring goals he was flavour of the month. Whole team collapses and some on here talk like he is a war criminal. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How many players barring beneteke have we sold on for large profit over the last 3-4 years?

mainly because they were for a majority a pile of shite that a good amount of them are allowed leave on a free

the only players we have actually sold for cash have been Lowton, Ireland, KEA, Bannan, Weimann, Benteke, Makoun, Delph and Collins

• Like 1

On 7/10/2016 at 22:03, PieFacE said:

I don't think Sinclair is as bad as many on this forum make out.  

Ask the baggies fans what they think of him- ask yourself this, how often and for how long does he have positive influences in games? i personally don't believe he is premier league quality- championship? quite possibly

Well Celtic just lost in the CL qualification rounds to a team called Lincoln Red Imps's from Gibraltar, so hopefully that will make them more eager to pay what we want for Sinclair.

He's always good for a goal or 3 this time of year.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Well Celtic just lost in the CL qualification rounds to a team called Lincoln Red Imps's from Gibraltar, so hopefully that will make them more eager to pay what we want for Sinclair.

He's always good for a goal or 3 this time of year.

other way around. Celtic dont spend money until guaranteed Champions League or Europa League group phase or sell a big name player which havent done this season

stuck with this waste of space :(

Just now, Zatman said:

other way around. Celtic dont spend money until guaranteed Champions League or Europa League group phase or sell a big name player which havent done this season

stuck with this waste of space :(

Ah! The Randy Lerner method of running a club.

Not worth spending a little money to improve the chance of getting a massive amount...

sinclair is fast akward and wirey but not much end product. most times against quality defenders this makes him look hopeless cos he runs to the corner and hope a bit of luck will be on his side.in the champoionship he might get more space and not rely on a lucky bounce.wouldnt mind hanging onto him but we bought him for 2.5 m so if we got 4 it would be good business. hes easily replaced imo.

read today that newcastle are looking at him now

He's an inside forward in a front three, drifting in from out wide into scoring positions.  On the rare occasions he's played that role, he seems to have scored - mostly for Sherwood.

He wouldn't be the first player to be too good for the Championship and not quite Premier League standard.  Cameron Jerome is another example of that, Patrick Bamford could be heading that way, and we've had a few ourselves - the likes of Lowton and Baker.

• Like 1

Not the first player that I'd like shot of and I certainly wouldn't want him starting initially, based on his contributions last season. At some point though, he would get his chance and it would be up to him to take it. If it worked for him, we would be in a win win situation. If it didn't work, we would be writing off circa £2million in his transfer value.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd rather keep him and play him as a winger given that is what he is and we've hardly ever played him there.

He played a lot when Garde first joined as the inside forward e.g. Man. City home game we played him and Gil either side of Ayew.

I just don't think he's going to do anything at championship level bar score some penalties v some relegation threatened team.

If it's a choice between him and Adama then to me Adama wins that hands down as he's hardly got the chances Sinclair has had and can be a match winner for us.

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's an inside forward in a front three, drifting in from out wide into scoring positions.  On the rare occasions he's played that role, he seems to have scored - mostly for Sherwood.

He wouldn't be the first player to be too good for the Championship and not quite Premier League standard.  Cameron Jerome is another example of that, Patrick Bamford could be heading that way, and we've had a few ourselves - the likes of Lowton and Baker.

He played as an inside forward for Plymouth IIRC when he scored those goals.

I think he got 24 goals for Swansea in the Championship too, so there's definitely a player in there somewhere. For me it's always been a case of whether he's wanted it badly enough. That Man City contract ruined him IMO.

• Like 1

Â