Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Can he be bothered to do a job in the Championship thou?

And as for value, yes £30 m is silly for someone like Deeney, but a player who performs well and does a job (almost) every week is worth a lot. On the other hand a player who's just coasts by is worth very little

Thus Deeney can go for a lot of money while Sinclair who's probably is the more talented one can be next to worthless.

How about doing a swap deal, Sinclair for Tierney, their young very highly rated left back.

That would then allow us to swap Amavi for Liverpool's Joe Allen, sell Cissokho, keep Bennett and make a profit while improving the team.   

Just picked my chin up off the floor. 6 million pounds? I will piss myself laughing if we sell him for that much. Sadly this will probably mean getting my own urine in my mouth as my chin will have hit the floor again.  I love the bargaining though.

• Like 3

According to wikipedia he scored 9 goals for us last year in 30 appearences, you don't get those type of players for cheap.

Edited by useless
Well technically, that's exactly what we did, but you know what I mean.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

According to wikipedia he scored 9 goals for us last year in 30 appearences, you don't get those type of players for cheap.

he got 6 goals last season and 5 of them came in one week vs Notts County and a woeful Sunderland team

• Like 3

On 24 June 2016 at 08:14, KSV said:

Thats Randy Lerner mentality lads.

Tony Xia will get 4 million for him and off the books ;)

You can knock Lerner for a hell of a lot without making shit up. He played hardball over plop and Barry and got what £18mill with a season left on his contract. £17mill for Young in a similar position. £20.5 million for Downing. We got good deal on paper for Milner.  I'd say those deals are up there with the mythical Levy skills on playing hard ball. 

Back to Sinclair, I'm not against him as a squad filler as its about his level, plus his wages would of dramatically dropped. Stay or go don't really care. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

You can knock Lerner for a hell of a lot without making shit up. He played hardball over plop and Barry and got what £18mill with a season left on his contract. £17mill for Young in a similar position. £20.5 million for Downing. We got good deal on paper for Milner.  I'd say those deals are up there with the mythical Levy skills on playing hard ball. 

Back to Sinclair, I'm not against him as a squad filler as its about his level, plus his wages would of dramatically dropped. Stay or go don't really care. 

Er £12m for Barry actually and we certainly didn't do a good deal for Milner.

How much Lerner had to do with the deals is debatable but whoever was doing them they aren't even in the same ball park on negotiating as Levy.

Oops my mistake about Barry I believe £18mill was what we quoted Plop, on paper at first the £26 mill package was a good deal for Milner but your right because Ireland was shit it turned bad. And I stand by what I said comparing those deals to levy's. 

But once again back to Sinclair, what's the point in giving him away for peanuts, £6mill but realistically £4-5mill is about right for him IMO. 

Selling high quality, highly sort after players for decent money isn't the sign of being a good negotiator. Selling unwanted squad players for good money is which is what Levy does while we give them away, there is no comparison.

As for Sinclair, I'd be happy to keep him.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Asking for 6 million for Sinclair

LOL what happened have we turned into Spurs?

Hopefully. No more rolling over for tummy tickles

23 hours ago, useless said:

In a world where Troy Deeney is being talked about as £30M player, then £6m dosesn't sound too unrealistic for Sinclair to me. When it comes to us signing players we'll probably have to pay over the odds, so might as well do the same to other clubs, if at all possible.

I will have what you are taking.

• Like 1

Â