Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's not just the £3-4m fee it's getting the wages off the books, even with a pay cut he's still got to be on £30-40k a week, in no way does he justify that kind of money

Not asked to move so if we sell him need to pay up some of contract which I imagine is why we want a substantial fee to cover this and give us something to spend

If we can get him and Richards off books for near 10mil id be happy 

I understand he isn't the player he once was. BUT,

The last time he was in the championship he scored 20 goals, from the wide left position. If Celtic are only going to offer 3 miliion then why not keep him? If he gets his confidence up against poorer players he could prove to be a major asset. 

If he could score 10-15 goals from a wide position he is surely worth more to us than 3/4 million + his wages. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Just had a quick glance through the Swansea squad then....did he play ride or through the middle as no one else is near his goal tally

I remember him playing wide with dyer on the other side.

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

One day I am going to open up this thread to confirmation that a move is happening.

It wasn't today.

...but one day.

And truly, that shall be the day that armies shall lay down their arms, the sea levels will decline, and there be created a solid and unshakable brotherhood of man.

I might even get laid. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

On 7/21/2016 at 13:05, pas5898 said:

I understand he isn't the player he once was. BUT,

The last time he was in the championship he scored 20 goals, from the wide left position. If Celtic are only going to offer 3 miliion then why not keep him? If he gets his confidence up against poorer players he could prove to be a major asset. 

If he could score 10-15 goals from a wide position he is surely worth more to us than 3/4 million + his wages. 

Because these Villa fans and logic don't compensate sometimes, it's just get rid, get rid, get rid, why? I don't like him, I don't even like the way he walks, styles his hair etc. I would rather play with 5 men than them etc:rolleyes:.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Because these Villa fans and logic don't compensate sometimes, it's just get rid, get rid, get rid, why? I don't like him, I don't even like the way he walks, styles his hair etc. I would rather play with 5 men than them etc:rolleyes:.

But he was extremely poor last season outside of like the first month. He delivered pretty much nothing and put in some extremely poor, down right lazy showings. Fans are justified in wanting him gone. He hasn't played in the championship for a very long time now, I think I'd prefer us getting rid and signing someone who has performed at that level more recently.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

But he was extremely poor last season outside of like the first month. He delivered pretty much nothing and put in some extremely poor, down right lazy showings. Fans are justified in wanting him gone. He hasn't played in the championship for a very long time now, I think I'd prefer us getting rid and signing someone who has performed at that level more recently.

My point was less about just Scott Sinclair and more about the overall mentality to be honest. As someone said yesterday, it cant be a coincidence that so many decent players come to us , start of quite well and then capitulate into absolute shite. The overall setup has alot of responsibility to take. With new owners, new set up etc we could do much worse than keep a couple of these players if we cant ship them out. If they dont perform,they dont play. Lol. Some people would rather we pay a transfer fee as well as their contracts off to be rid. Lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My point was less about just Scott Sinclair and more about the overall mentality to be honest. As someone said yesterday, it cant be a coincidence that so many decent players come to us , start of quite well and then capitulate into absolute shite. The overall setup has alot of responsibility to take. With new owners, new set up etc we could do much worse than keep a couple of these players if we cant ship them out. If they dont perform,they dont play. Lol. Some people would rather we pay a transfer fee as well as their contracts off to be rid. Lol

Not sure if that's in reference to what I posted, but I don't think anyone has suggested we 'pay' to get rid of Scott Sinclair or the vast majority of our players.  I would be happy to see him and many others stay, but also not too fussed if RDM lets him go. We all know which 3-4 players we are desperate to get rid of - unfortunately they're the ones no one will buy so it's either a negotiated contract settlement/loan agreement, or we keep paying their wages to do nowt

Edited by Gary Thomas

Saw a quote from the Celtic manager this morning that was along the lines of "we're working on something and hopefully it'll be done before Monday afternoon before we fly to Astana" and that Kolo Toure hasn't been registered as their 'extra' player for their CL tie.

Add that to Richard's post above... and maybe...

Â