Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

To get £6m we would need a PL club to be interested, which I cannot see being the case.
Celtic are taking a punt, and the most they could afford is probably about £2.5m.

Fair play for squeezing out a transfer fee but don't get lumbered with this spineless rat.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

Disappointng if true.  We aren't going to get 5 or 6M for him.  The most I'd imagine we could possibly get is 3.5M maybe.  If we are pricing ourselves out of getting shot of him for a million quid i'd be disappointed in that

Maybe they feel that for the sake of a pretty meagre transfer fee they'd rather keep hold of someone who scored 27 goals the last season that he played at this level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Maybe they feel that for the sake of a pretty meagre transfer fee they'd rather keep hold of someone who scored 27 goals the last season that he played at this level.

Maybe and I think I'd be disappointed in that too to be honest as to me he has not shown anywhere near the level of ability or application to be able to do that again

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I hope not. I hope our boss is looking at what we have, not what they used to be. Which is why his "12 months judgment is unfair" comment worried me.

Sinclair has ' performed' about three times since he's been here, regardless of yesteryear.

And I suspect not anyway... to me looks like he is going and it's just some haggling.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

This. Given the involvement in preseason, it would seem the noises from the club and RDM would appear that they could use him next season. Personally disagree, don't rate him at all but if RDM wants to keep him that is fine. 

If he does go, Celtic would be perfect. Cannot see a Premier League side taking a punt on him, meaning the only other option would be another championship side and that would be horrific as he will score against us. Celtic definitely the way to go!

He's the biggest enigma in the squad.  Potentially our best player and quite often our worst.  On his day he can rip teams to shreds all on his own.  I remember him scoring 5 in 2 games at the start of last season and worrying he'd play himself out of a move to us and into a move higher up the league.  Which in a way makes it worse, because you know what he's capable of.  If he was an honest working clogger you could sympathise.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

He's the biggest enigma in the squad.  Potentially our best player and quite often our worst.  On his day he can rip teams to shreds all on his own.  I remember him scoring 5 in 2 games at the start of last season and worrying he'd play himself out of a move to us and into a move higher up the league.  Which in a way makes it worse, because you know what he's capable of.  If he was an honest working clogger you could sympathise.

Even at the peak of his powers he has never been anything more than a run of the mill PL player for me. He reached the absolute ceiling when he registered 8 PL goals. He isn't particularily great at anything. I would say at his best he has decent movement, and can be a fox in the box. Then again, so could Frannie Jeffers.

• Like 2

the thing is he has to offer more from that position than a goal every few games. His goals will always hide the fact he is invisible 75% of the time.

He is the wing version of Bent

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

People were going way over the top at the start of last season about him....one of those games was v Notts County who struggled in league 2 and other was Sunderland who started worse than we did.

Didn't he score 3 penalties over those two games?

First two games v Bournemouth and Man. United (e.g. better teams) he was anonymous so that should've been the expected standard.

To me he was signed as a squad player and probably would've contributed o.k off the bench and making the odd start here and there like Sherwood used him in the 14/15 run in.

Instead he started what 25 games last season which was a terrible verdict on our recruitment policy post Benteke. I'd rather have Weimann still here and believe me I wanted Andi gone when he did but he offered more than Sinclair on the pitch.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

6 million :huh: FFS just get rid

no exaggeration that in a squad full of crap he was the worst of the lot. probably the worst player to play for Villa and if not he is close to top of the list

Â