Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Couldn't care less if we keep him or not.

I do kind of think he could contribute at that level. But he's been so shite at Prem level for us that I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he left.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Richie k said:

sinclair is fast akward and wirey but not much end product. most times against quality defenders this makes him look hopeless cos he runs to the corner and hope a bit of luck will be on his side.in the champoionship he might get more space and not rely on a lucky bounce.wouldnt mind hanging onto him but we bought him for 2.5 m so if we got 4 it would be good business. hes easily replaced imo.

read today that newcastle are looking at him now

Not particularly fussed whether he stays or goes, more inclined for him to go but if we are to sell him it would need to be Celtic or similar rather than Newcastle. Should never sell to promotion rivals.

Can tell you now if he is sold to Newcastle I guarantee 15-20 goals for them including a hat trick against us...

that video was maybe 10 years ago, he has never shown anything like that speed or hunger since he got to Villa. though looking at his goalscoring record except for Swansea he never got more than 2 league goals a season

id release him if nobody bids for him just so I cant watch him play again for us

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

that video was maybe 10 years ago, he has never shown anything like that speed or hunger since he got to Villa. though looking at his goalscoring record except for Swansea he never got more than 2 league goals a season

id release him if nobody bids for him just so I cant watch him play again for us

Check YouTube for Scott Sinclair Villa Goals, you might be pleasantly surprised!

As a saleable and relatively disposable asset, I think he's one of the few who would be more valuable to us as a bank balance rather than as a player.  Come on Celtic, those Gibraltarians won't beat themselves :D 

• Like 2

On 10/07/2016 at 22:58, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That sentence applies for a few of them to be honest, as I've said most people fail to recognise the whole team/season were collectively shite, and we don't necessarily have the worst individuals. Most people were pleased when he got here, and when he was scoring goals he was flavour of the month. Whole team collapses and some on here talk like he is a war criminal. lol

We were one of the worst premier league teams ever. Not in the past 5 or 10 years.... Ever. In fact going back prior to the Premier League we were one of the worst teams for years.  Sinclair was a big part of the shambolic season and every bit as culpable as anyone else who played.  They were all awful with no exception and I don't care if Sinclair or ayew or Gresford or gobby or Veretout or whoever leave.  Meh  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

so according to reports maybe Telford isnt even his level. we will look like idiots turning down them Celtic bids now

According to reports it was the first proper pre season game in a very mish mash side, just gaining fitness and learning a new managers way.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

According to reports it was the first proper pre season game in a very mish mash side, just gaining fitness and learning a new managers way.

nope he is just crap ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

so according to reports maybe Telford isnt even his level. we will look like idiots turning down them Celtic bids now

sunday post saying they will bid 3 million now. Initial bid was just over a million

I'm not really sure who it is at Villa who's valuing him at £5/6m, but fair play. Whilst I don't think he's great, he's a decent squad player for the Championship and accepting £2.5m for him would be silly considering we aren't desperate for cash. 

57 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

2.5m bid rejected according to the daily mail. we want 5-6m. That would be a great deal for us. I suspect he isnt on high wages hence why we are not desperate to sell

Disappointng if true.  We aren't going to get 5 or 6M for him.  The most I'd imagine we could possibly get is 3.5M maybe.  If we are pricing ourselves out of getting shot of him for a million quid i'd be disappointed in that

Â