Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

Agree with the GT shout John. It's a funny one because Lambert seems to have no idea when it comes to these things (first bullying, then accepting a doomed job share for RK).

Maybe a continental system is what he needs to turn us around...

Not that I think even that can save him.

Curbs is more of a number one than a number two. But he has been waiting for the right job offer for a very long time now so he might well make the move with one eye to being in the right place at the right time should we need a caretaker manager at some point. That may be why he might not get that call from our current manager.   

Not a bad shout. I have always quite liked Curbs, even though he did also play for the blues. Funny how his career has fallen apart after he left Charlton- who as a club have also never been the same since. He left at West Ham after  getting them 10th in the league- for some reason the 'ammers never took to one of their own but loved Zola who looked a clueless manager.

Curbs is more of a number one than a number two. But he has been waiting for the right job offer for a very long time now so he might well make the move with one eye to being in the right place at the right time should we need a caretaker manager at some point. That may be why he might not get that call from our current manager.   

SO he's a pile of piss instead of a pile of sh**t - oh! sorry - wrong number one or number two - I see what you mean! Thought you mean't someone else!

• Like 1

I have aways thought Graham Taylor would make a good director of football but we seem to think we can do without one MuleAthon. It is a number two/coach we need to replace Roy as it stands tonight and I think the vacancy is not one for a relative unknown.   

Wasn't GT made sort of DOF when Gregory was in charge and undermined him?

I think GT time has passed however grateful we are for his rescue of the club in the late 80s.

rumours going around that Steve Clarke has been approached as assistant, think Clarke and Lambert know each other well from when Clarke was a St Mirren player and Lambert was a youngster who cleaned his boots and had long term friendship ever since.

Christ no

Would people take Curbs/Rene/etc as a director of football and a relative unknown as the new assistant?

Why I don't think anyone would take a job here as Director of Football:

Lerner: "So Alan, would you like to work for me as Director of football at this great club?"

Curbishley: "Absolutely! I can't wait - will there be money to spend in the summer?"

Lerner: "The summer!?!? That's not your worry! If I can find a flamin' buyer we'll hopefully all be gone by then Alan!"

• Like 1

rumours going around that Steve Clarke has been approached as assistant, think Clarke and Lambert know each other well from when Clarke was a St Mirren player and Lambert was a youngster who cleaned his boots and had long term friendship ever since.

To be honest I have no idea what influence an assistant has or who is a good assistant or not. But based on the very limited knowledge that I have Steve Clarke seems to be a very good number two based on what I have heard in interviews or read in the media. I would be happy if he was hired.

To be honest I have no idea what influence an assistant has or who is a good assistant or not. But based on the very limited knowledge that I have Steve Clarke seems to be a very good number two based on what I have heard in interviews or read in the media. I would be happy if he was hired.

Was he not #2 for Mourinho? If so, whats good enough for Jose is good enough for me. If not, ignore this drivel.

Was he not #2 for Mourinho? If so, whats good enough for Jose is good enough for me. If not, ignore this drivel.

He was and won the league, got 8th for the baggies too before the wheels fell off.

if he wants to get back in footie as soon as possible he probably would come back as a no 2.do not think he would want to be away from football to long,also if our results improve while he was here would it not reflect well on him.as long as we get someone who is a good coach with some experience.i wonder if lamberts problem is not having someone like a clarke who's experienced at prem level in coaching terms that is.

Â