Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

I would be happy with Platt, one of the few english players to be succesful abroad and had a good career internationally. I think he would be tactically astute and I think it would be a massive boost to the team and the fans. Wether or not he would come is another thing but I'd rather have him than Clarke

I would be happy with Platt, one of the few english players to be succesful abroad and had a good career internationally. I think he would be tactically astute and I think it would be a massive boost to the team and the fans. Wether or not he would come is another thing but I'd rather have him than Clarke

He must have lost his tactics when managing Sampdoria and Notts Forest then.

Rather have Clarke.

He must have lost his tactics when managing Sampdoria and Notts Forest then.

Rather have Clarke.

Dont think Platt will ever make a good manager, doesnt mean he is a bad assistant.

I would love see Laursen as our assisant manager...

Platt is good shout, as he and cowans know well and both can influnce midfielder better, seriously Clarke would good pick, he would bring good coach to team and good assisant to Lambert. but other assisant might we should ask rene m............. Dutch manager who excellete coach and good assisant manager might good offer him to restart build his manager coach thought assisant manager..

i would like bring dream coach team of Villa former Player or Legend for AVFC

Spink as our Goalkeeper Coach
Mellberg Our Defender Coach
and Cowans for Midfield,
Luc Nills for Striker coach
Tony Daley for Fitness 
Platt for Assisant Manager
Laursen for Manager (serious all avaliable is ideal but Laursen is too early for manager for us but Andy Gray will be good)

Tin hat at the ready and maybe a little off topic but people have mentioned him in relation to this... Is Cowans really doing that good a job???

i think he shouldnt manager u21, i think he is more coach and mentor materials, rather manager for u21.. might i am wrong... i notice effective, kevin mcdonald and him big gap. might it is lambert way manage u-21 by introduction.

would welcome Kevin Mcdonald back to AVFC by u-21 so cowans can focus better in coach .. less pressure and less hassle to make time more coach..

I think we should forget about former Villa players and big names and just get in someone who's experienced at the job and willing to work with Lambert and Lambert with him. I don't think Mcallister was such a bad shout.

I think Lambert needs someone wastly experienced and tactically astute

Rene Meulensteen would be good but i doubt he'd be willing to go back to assistant now after being manager

I think Lambert needs someone wastly experienced and tactically astute

Rene Meulensteen would be good but i doubt he'd be willing to go back to assistant now after being manager

I think he would. He is just a football consultant in the MLS at the moment

Â