Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

Who do you all want? PL is not leaving so we need a strong minded Villa person to work with him. I would love to see JG back at the club - he is a Villa man and loves the club.

I agree about JG a (assuming you mean John Gregory)

At the time the fans were very much split down the middle but Imho he was a good manager who was yet another fell foul of Ellis

I do mean John Gregory. He might not be the most fancy football coach out there, but I think he can add self believe and cockiness to the squad and that is something we really need.

• Like 1

All this rubbish about needing a villa man who understands the club is the sort of bilge usually spouted by Liverpool, spurs, west ham & Newcastle fans.

Secondly, last year for 2/3 months we had cowans as lamberts assistant, he is a villa man, we hardly had a massive upturn in results did we.

• Like 2

Ive heard Garry McAllister has been approached. Id take him.

Who did a very good job when Houllier was ill and according to my ITK contact at the time (who was an assistant manager at another club) put his hat in the ring for the managers job and expected to be offered it. Instead we got.......

I like the idea of Steve Clarke. 

I think he would be a great shout but the problem is really Lambert. Better to sack the clown and get a whole new management team in.

• Like 2

Personally, I don't expect a quick appointment I think we will go through the next 3 or 4 games before a replacement is in post.

That would fit as I very much doubt Lambert's job is secure. Better to see whether how we get on and decide whether we need to get rid and get a whole new management team.

• Like 3

Doesn't really matter whilst Lambert is still the manager. Will make no difference to how good we are.

Much like changing the manager will make little difference whilst Lerner is the chairman...

That's an opinion I disagree with. But guess it's off topic

• Like 1

Doesn't really matter whilst Lambert is still the manager. Will make no difference to how good we are.

Much like changing the manager will make little difference whilst Lerner is the chairman...

The only evidence to back this up is McLeish. But then everyone agreed our poor season was down to McLeish doing a poor job. So I'm not sure why some are so convinced it can't get better.

Â