Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

Personally, I don't expect a quick appointment I think we will go through the next 3 or 4 games before a replacement is in post.

That would fit as I very much doubt Lambert's job is secure. Better to see whether how we get on and decide whether we need to get rid and get a whole new management team.

That there is a very good point. Also, it's one that will make a lot of Villa fans happy the longer the wait goes on.

I think I'd probably be happy with Steve Clarke. To tell the truth, I'd be over the moon with any decent coach who could teach our team to retain possession from a throw-in, or how not to get suckered-in by a quickly-taken free kick.

doesnt matter who is assistant managers once they get the job. I think Villa was the only team in the league probably football except Irelan with a more high profile assistant than manager and that was part of problem. 

I must admit Rene Mulensteen is a good shout!

But I feel that it may come to a point where a possible new manager will be coming in and will bring his own assistant and staff with him so I would be surprised to see a 'big name' assistant manager come fourth any time soon!

I wouldn't be surprised if we where to see a new manager before we see a new assistant imo!

Alan Curbishley interested in a call off Lambert on SSN!

Would make a great number 2 if you ask me, wasn't he technical director, or director of football or something at Fulham though? Not a coach?

Yeah technical director at Fulham.

Why do we need a "villa person" ? We need the best quality we can attract

Because we are struggling. People are starting to loose faith in the club. We need someone who will die for the club and inspire people and make them understand just how great this club is. Apart from that JG proved to be a great AM under BL, so even though there might be "better" candidates out there, he is a great choice. 

JG would die for the club? I wasn't aware of this, sign him up!!!

Honestly though, dinosaur.

Would make a great number 2 if you ask me, wasn't he technical director, or director of football or something at Fulham though? Not a coach?

Curbishley could be a good inspired choice, he brought Darren Bent for £2.5mil from Ipswich in 2005 and he was banging them in for fun. 20+ in his two seasons for Curbishley before moving to Spurs for £16.5million.

Hopefully Curbishley could work with Callum Robinson and do the same as our assistant? certainly would be far worse coaches out there than Curbishley.

Curbishley could be a good inspired choice, he brought Darren Bent for £2.5mil from Ipswich in 2005 and he was banging them in for fun. 20+ in his two seasons for Curbishley before moving to Spurs for £16.5million.

Hopefully Curbishley could work with Callum Robinson and do the same as our assistant? certainly would be far worse coaches out there than Curbishley.

That was 10 years ago though.

Completely unrealistic but just read Henry has finished his contract with NY Red Bulls. I'm sure he could certainly have an impact through his playing experience if no management experience. May as well get him on a playing contract as well while we're at it.

Curbs is more of a number one than a number two. But he has been waiting for the right job offer for a very long time now so he might well make the move with one eye to being in the right place at the right time should we need a caretaker manager at some point. That may be why he might not get that call from our current manager.   

I have aways thought Graham Taylor would make a good director of football but we seem to think we can do without one MuleAthon. It is a number two/coach we need to replace Roy as it stands tonight and I think the vacancy is not one for a relative unknown.   

Â