Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

I would take Steve Clarke, John Gregory, Dean Saunders or Olof Mellberg.

Please God No :D

Clarke is an excellent coach, I am sure when Mourinho went into Chelsea he wanted to keep some faces around while he settled in, but was super impressed with him

I guess some of it will depend on whether we can convince him to come to a club up for sale and go back to being an Assistant, although when he was at Albion he wasn't the actual Manager he was 'Head Coach' with a Football Director in charge of identifying potential signings amongst other stuff.

Edited by useless

I agree re Clarke, he is supposed to be an excellent coach but I can't see it being him for a host of reasons not least I doubt he is done being a manager.

I think our 'unique' situation might work in our favour here - as with Keane, the deal we make is that the job isn't permanent (or even permanent in the football sense) but the flipped is that if you see a job elsewhere then you go with our blessing and a good reference. I think Clarke could be tempted into the job for a few months. 

I agree re Clarke, he is supposed to be an excellent coach but I can't see it being him for a host of reasons not least I doubt he is done being a manager.

I think our 'unique' situation might work in our favour here - as with Keane, the deal we make is that the job isn't permanent (or even permanent in the football sense) but the flipped is that if you see a job elsewhere then you go with our blessing and a good reference. I think Clarke could be tempted into the job for a few months. 

Perhaps. Don't see it myself though or see Lambert going for him.

I know he is not the most highly regarded around these parts for various reasons, but Platt has been out of work since Mancini was sacked at Man City...granted I'm not really certain how great of an asst manager he is...

Platt might be a good shout, maybe he could explain to the midfielders how to get in the box and chip in with some goals.

• Like 1

Â