Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

I'm curious Jamacian Villan , are you born and bred yardie , because although I'm Birmingham born an bred I consider myselk a Tivoli man , when I was in the pen sum a de mans dem called me Jim Brown , not bad for a white man eh .

HAhaha, yes I am born and bred yardi breds, further south though, Spanish Town Rivoli. Been back and forth between JA and Qatar for a number of years though! Lmao not bad at all for a white man(Jim Brown), that's some serious respect!

You know what breds ? I'm the only member of my family who has'nt been to yard , even my son went there when he was ten , how ironic , when you consider the fact , I'm the Jamacian ( smile ) .

I don't really care for a name to be honest. I'd rather we hired a decent younger coach who has ambitions of playing attractive football. There's got to be loads out there, whether they're in the UK or not is another thing. I'd look to Spain myself.

I don't really care for a name to be honest. I'd rather we hired a decent younger coach who has ambitions of playing attractive football. There's got to be loads out there, whether they're in the UK or not is another thing. I'd look to Spain myself.

Like Ian Cathro at Valencia?

• Like 2

I have no idea who that is :lol:

Fits in with what you said about a young, expansive coach working in Spain. Personally, i'd avoid any of that tiki taka nonsense but I agree with the idea of going for a well rounded young coach. We don't need a motivator. I think Lambert does that, he has never shown signs of losing the dressing room and they are clearly playing for him so we just need a more tactical saavy coach.

• Like 1

I only just read an article about him myself, he's a 28 year old Scottish coach who's assistant at Valencia at the moment.

• Like 3

Assistant manager is an odd position really, it's someone who will work for Paul Lambert at Aston Villa, rather than someone who works for Aston Villa under Paul Lambert - I mean, Villa will pay his wages, but when the manager moves you'd expect him to go with him. On that basis, the desire we have in terms of how an assistant manager can change the style or the tone of things is secondary to what Lambert wants in a number two - we're interviewing someone for the remainder of his tenure here, he's interviewing someone who he'll work with for the rest of his career.

Just watching on Sky Sports Big Sam is talking about Teddy Sheringham has come into Wet Spam as a striker coach, and it's now possible one of the reasons that they're the 4th highest scorers in the league.

Along with a new AM, I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Yorke or Saunders come in to help the strikers here, especially to help players like Weimann and Gabby to play with a bit more guile and intelligence.

Â