Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

Clarke might be a good shout actually, he's out of work, but he'd like to be a manager and the short term nature of this position might appeal - give him a contract that he can walk away easily from should a manager's job come up elsewhere and he might come. 

Whoever comes, we can't offer them any real long term commitment, when we're sold they'll be out of a job (unlikely as a sale might seem right now) so we're either looking for someone who wants to be Lambert's career number two (insert your own joke here) wherever he goes or someone who wants to get themselves into the public eye for a future position elsewhere.

• Like 1

You'd have to question as long as Lambert remains manager how much difference a new assistant is going to make. We have had Culverhouse for almost two years, Sid/Shay had a few games helping out and Roy Keane 13 games. Regardless of who has been carrying out the role over the last 2 and a half years results and performances have in the main been the same.

Any assistant that comes in will obviously be Lamberts choice and will therefore either have the same philosophy/beliefs as Lambert in terms of how the game should be played or will be someone that Lambert believes is capable of helping him get the players to play in a way he wants.

Given the above I therefore don't expect that whoever is appointed will make a significant difference to the way we play.

• Like 3

Has to be mulensteen for me, a proper coach who can organise the team. We look devoid of any form of organisation at times, and his experience would be key. Much prefer him to Steve Clarke.

Mulensteen would be a real coup

Who do you all want? PL is not leaving so we need a strong minded Villa person to work with him. I would love to see JG back at the club - he is a Villa man and loves the club.

I agree about JG a (assuming you mean John Gregory)

At the time the fans were very much split down the middle but Imho he was a good manager who was yet another fell foul of Ellis

You'd have to question as long as Lambert remains manager how much difference a new assistant is going to make. We have had Culverhouse for almost two years, Sid/Shay had a few games helping out and Roy Keane 13 games. Regardless of who has been carrying out the role over the last 2 and a half years results and performances have in the main been the same.

Any assistant that comes in will obviously be Lamberts choice and will therefore either have the same philosophy/beliefs as Lambert in terms of how the game should be played or will be someone that Lambert believes is capable of helping him get the players to play in a way he wants.

Given the above I therefore don't expect that whoever is appointed will make a significant difference to the way we play.

Very much agree with this. The management

Mark

I agree. It makes no odds who is No.2. We are ******!

I cannot even be arsed to discuss PL anymore. RK was a bad appointment from the outset and his departure is just more evidence of the club being in dissaray . Anyone of merit would be stupid to join us unless like RK they have a book to sell!

It is very, very sad that we are now so lowly and there seems little chance that this will change for years to come.

• Like 1

Â