Assistant manager

David-Copenhagen

No idea who we should get but I'd like to lay down two conditions: (a) the next one should not also have a job with a national side, nor have a book to sell; (b ) after two disastrous tries at making appointments, Paul Lambert - the clueless one - should have no involvement in the next one. Surely Tom Fox must know of someone decent?

Edited by briny_ear

Why do we need a "villa person" ? We need the best quality we can attract

Because we are struggling. People are starting to loose faith in the club. We need someone who will die for the club and inspire people and make them understand just how great this club is. Apart from that JG proved to be a great AM under BL, so even though there might be "better" candidates out there, he is a great choice.
I wouldn't want Gregory anywhere near our club. He's a footballing dinosaur.

I wonder if Eddie Howe fancies a no2 role at Villa?

Edited by Robbie09

No idea who we should get but I'd like to lay down two conditions: (a) the next one should not also have a job with a national side, nor have a book to sell; (b ) after two disastrous tries at making appointments, Paul Lambert - the clueless one - should have no involvement in the next one. Surely Tom Fox must know of someone decent?

because what other football club in the world has a CEO hiring assistant managers

Steve Clarke, Ray Wilkins and Rene Meulensteen. All successful number 2's and out of the game at the moment.

Someone that can give a bit of confidence and enthusiasm. Like Sammy Lee has done his whole career.

edit: i think Wilkins is in Jordan. Ooo err

Edited by philwhitters

Couldnt agree more with isa. The primary determining quality should be, can he clear his desk in ten minutes flat when the whole management team are shown their way to the exit in a few weeks time.

And let's be honest, the assistant is going to be identified by Paul Lambert alone. That automatically means that he won't be very good.

• Like 1

I don't think we'll be able to get someone like Clarke, to come in as the assistant, it'll be someone who'd come knowing that it'll most likely be a short-term thing probably someone like the Scottish coach who was linked before the season started.

Edited by useless

I don't think we'll be able to get someone like Clarke, to come in as the assistant, it'll be someone who'd come knowing that it'll most likely be a short-term thing probably someone like the Scottish coach who was linked before the season started.

yep exactly Useless, what i said in other thread that i wouldn't be suprised if it will be the Scottish coach, the Scottish coach is Billy Stark who is now out of work..

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

I guess some candidates would place more pressure on the manager than he would want. But we need the best man for the job irrespective of that.

I wonder whether Fox might sound out someone with Arsenal connections or if the manager will look at someone like Dean Saunders who is looking to get back into the game if not Stark who does look a very decent shout? 

Â