Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Who do we think would stay if we were relegated.  I think we could keep the majority of our players tbh,

Guzan

Hutton

Lowton

Okore

Clark

Baker

Senderos

Richardson

Cissokho

Grealish

Gardner

Westwood

Bacuna

Sanchez

Sinclair

Weimann

Gabby

Kozak

I could easily see Guzan going elsewhere. Easily good enough for a better team than us now, let alone if we went down.

I can see Guzan, Okore, Clarke, Westwood, Sanchez, Agbonlahor, Weimann and Hutton all leaving and perhaps Bacuna and a few others too. I know people say who'd want them? But it often doesn't work like that, I think there would be a mass exodus.

We are in a fight to stay up along with Leicester, Burnley, QPR, Sunderland and Hull (the rest look to be pulling away) and as we only have 3 of them to play we need to win the lot to give ourselves any chance of survival.

If we went down, with Lerner still here, I could imagine a bit of a fire sale to get the higher earning players off the books. So, I could imagine Gabby going off to Stoke, Weimann going off to somewhere like Swansea, Benteke going to Germany or Spurs/Liverpool, Delph going to Everton to replace the aging Gareth Barry, Hutton will probably end up at Stoke too, and Guzan would probably go to Man Utd to replace De Gea who will be off to Real Madrid.

Hopefully we will stay up and only have to sell some of them ;)

• Like 1

I care, and I suspect you do too, it's probably just that, like me, you've started to realise that this is it.

In each of the previous years we've been struggling I have been concerned but never really thought we would go down. Now I look around and wonder where the three worse teams are.

Fact is I can't see 1 let alone 3.  

sadly, I think that's about it

I care, and I suspect you do too, it's probably just that, like me, you've started to realise that this is it.

In each of the previous years we've been struggling I have been concerned but never really thought we would go down. Now I look around and wonder where the three worse teams are.

Fact is I can't see 1 let alone 3.  

sadly, I think that's about it

couldn't agree more. utterly disappointing but ultimately how it's looking right now.

Benteke, Vlaar (who will go regardless of whether we stay up) and Delph are the only ones I can see definitely leaving if we go down.

I think this is probably closest to the truth, though I don't think Gil will be short of suitors. As I've said before, most players give relegated clubs at least a few months in the Championship before they start actively trying to go elsewhere. If we're not in and around the promotion places by Christmas, that's when they're likely to start 'wanting away'. We're helped by two things here - firstly, our reputation as a 'big club', which is likely to mean many will see us going straight back up, and secondly by our comparatively high percentage of English players, which reduces the potential number of clubs looking to take them off our hands.