Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I think the mentality is also weak at the club with the players.

If the opposition score first the chances of us turning it around are very very slim. I don't have the stats in front of me but i'd take a guess that it is probably embarrassing.

Whether Sherwood can turn that around or not i'm not sure, think it's too late.

I think the mentality is also weak at the club with the players.

If the opposition score first the chances of us turning it around are very very slim. I don't have the stats in front of me but i'd take a guess that it is probably embarrassing.

Whether Sherwood can turn that around or not i'm not sure, think it's too late.

Not only that but for quite some time now we've had this infuriating habit of conceding early in games.

• Like 1

I have just looked at the remaining games and had the following bottom 6 before the last game of the season:

Villa 32 pts

Leicester 31 pts

QPR 31 pts

Hull 30 pts 

Sunderland 30 pts

Burnley 30 pts

So that would be any 3 from 6 on the last day.

I had us getting our points against WBA (1), Sunderland (1), Swansea (3), QPR (3), Everton (1) & West Ham (1). 

On the last day 4 of that bottom 6 play each other (Leicester vs QPR and Villa vs Burnley) with Hull vs Manchester United & Chelsea vs Sunderland.

I had Sunderland to lose, Hull to win (with Manchester United helping their old boy Bruce) and Leicester to win.

That would leave us needing a point to stay up on 33 points but I have us to get 3. 

So 11 - 13 more points please Villa! Relegation really is not an option for us. We have been there and done that. Games against us would be like Cup Finals for our opponents down there and we do not have a great recent record in such situations. 

I have just looked at the remaining games and had the following bottom 6 before the last game of the season:

Villa 32 pts

Leicester 31 pts

QPR 31 pts

Hull 30 pts 

Sunderland 30 pts

Burnley 30 pts

So that would be any 3 from 6 on the last day.

I had us getting our points against WBA (1), Sunderland (1), Swansea (3), QPR (3), Everton (1) & West Ham (1). 

On the last day 4 of that bottom 6 play each other (Leicester vs QPR and Villa vs Burnley) with Hull vs Manchester United & Chelsea vs Sunderland.

I had Sunderland to lose, Hull to win (with Manchester United helping their old boy Bruce) and Leicester to win.

That would leave us needing a point to stay up on 33 points but I have us to get 3. 

So 11 - 13 more points please Villa! Relegation really is not an option for us. We have been there and done that. Games against us would be like Cup Finals for our opponents down there and we do not have a great recent record in such situations. 

That would be great entertainment and suspense if it was like that going into the final day,  I'd take that predicament right now tbh.  

• Like 1

For me, they're all must win games - however priority should be

West Brom (H)

Sunderland (A)

Swansea (H)

QPR (H)

Burnley (H)

that would give us an extra 15 points - if we can then pick up a point at Newcastle and home to Everton and West Ham that would bring in a total of 18pts and the 40 point mark in the league.

Anything from the Utd, Citeh, Spudzzz and Soton games would be a megabonus

Simple as that :wacko:

We're not cut adrift by any means and it is achievable with a bit of luck and hard graft.

Seeing those fixtures is certainly a positive, we have arguebly the easiest run in and if we're not good enough to survive after playing that lot then we deserve to go down.
  • Like 2

It is our inability to collect points which is why we are where we are. So looking at set of fixtures and saying, 3 from this match, 3 from than that - we will be fine is ignoring everything that has happened since late october - we struggle to collect points !

Who do we think would stay if we were relegated.  I think we could keep the majority of our players tbh,

Guzan

Hutton

Lowton

Okore

Clark

Baker

Senderos

Richardson

Cissokho

Grealish

Gardner

Westwood

Bacuna

Sanchez

Sinclair

Weimann
Gabby

Kozak

Mid table mediocrity with six games to go or nail biting finale and six cup finals?

Mid-table. I'm so sick of relegation battles I've actually got to the point where I really don't care if we go down, watching us lose every week is so dull, i'm really bored of it. 

It was okay the first time around, something I hadn't experienced before. 4 years of it is enough. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1