Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

If form wasn't temporary then we wouldn't just get relegated this season we'd keep getting relegated. I'm confident we'll turn things around because we've done it before.

Fair point. The question remains - How temporary is it? Enough to get us relegated once I imagine. 

There's also a contradiction in my post in that if our form this season is temporary then so is our form for escaping relegation. I think it's crazy to admit defeat now for reasons already mentioned.

Swansea (3), 

Optimistic?

As ever! I thought we would beat Stoke as well. :(  Does a draw against Swansea and a win on the last day (which would give us 33 points) sound a little more possible?  ;)

• Like 1

... The question remains - How temporary is it? Enough to get us relegated once I imagine. 

Isn't this what all relegated teams say at some point ?

Now, this is starting actually to sound profound and zenny. 

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

It is but it has been a looooong time coming don't you think? I can only speak for myself, but this is the first time I've truly believed that we are more likely to go down than not, after 4 years (5 if you include Houllier) on the bounce and not to mention past close shaves under BFR/Little, Taylor and O'Leary. Mind you, I've always considered myself a glass half full kinda guy. 

It's still not much of a surprise. This kinda shit wears you out. 

I was reading some relegation stories from other clubs and, yep, I gotta say that this year has all the hallmarks of doom. I think you're exactly right to say it's a long time coming. When you look at what happens to other clubs that go down, it doesn't just happen overnight, as you know. The seeds of demise are planted way, way ahead -- even years in advance. Let's face it: Randy Lerner's inattentive, listless non-leadership has been a slow-growing cancer on the club, and it's finally metastasized.

Even when team seems to be reaching new heights, if the foundation is weak, it may all be a pretty picture that dissolves within months -- and the opposite is true, too. Arsenal is a great example of a very stable club that has no chance of going down any time soon. We're not them.

Shite. I'm sounding like a brummie now.

This season is sort of reminding me of the year Blackburn went down.

A club who were well established in the premier league but started to creep down the league and made a terrible managerial move in getting rid of Big Sam for Steve Kean.

That season they kept on losing at home and eventually went down with fans protesting at the owners pretty much all through the season. Bolton and Fulham are other established clubs who made a wrong managerial move and that's all it sometimes takes to drag you down.

Another similar situation would be Cardiff, loads thought getting in Solsjaker was a great appointment but really he didn't have enough to keep them up and didn't last long in the championship. Sherwood could go a similar way, I hope not of course.

Must say it does feel like our time is up this time. Only other time I've thought was Lambert's first season when we were pratically dead and buried in January but picked up in the knick of time. This season dosen't really have the same feeling as we simply can't score many goals.

I still think we'll stay up. Form is temporary, only in the bottom three on goal difference and we've got some very winnable games to play.

But have we the class? We haven't shown if for so long i'm not sure if we still have it?

We've had winnable games in the past... and not won! I'm trying to stay positive but I just can't see us winning a game. We look so devoid of confidence.

*sighs*

Bereft of confidence, you may say.

I imagine all teams won't admit defeat at some point, it's better than admitting defeat, lol. I'm sure we haven't, need results to go our way this weekend.

Perfectly possible. Sunderland have Man U, Baggies have Southampton and Burnley have Swansea. Hull have Stoke so a possible loss there

• Like 1

The teams that matter are Burnley, QPR and Leicester. That's the mini-league of 4 we need to finish top of. Sunderland are something we can worry about when we've won a couple of games. WBA aren't going down, and will definitely finish above us. No point thinking about them. 

• Like 1

If you've lost your fight, here's an easy way to get it back: go read some of the deluded forums of our bottom-of-the-table rivals.

Here's one choice nugget from a QPR forum: 
"Sunderland, Leicester and Villa are all far worse than we are currently - and Palace are basically impossible to predict. Hull have been lucky against us in both games, and they'll be right in the thick of it too. 
We'll finish 16th."

"Far worse?" Really?

Likewise, Burnley and Leicester supporters are NO WHERE NEAR giving up, and yet here were are, throwing in the towel as if we want it that way.

and yet here were are, throwing in the towel as if we want it that way.

I think what you are reading is just Villa supporters at their wits end after too many years of this sh*t. I doubt anyone is quitting on this team. 

• Like 2

In the past I felt we had a chance as we were scoring goals. All the other teams are either playing half decent or getting the odd good result. We're doing none of that. Our only hope now is TS manages to turn them around and get them scoring.

I'm not sure he can but I really want him to prove me wrong

UTV!

Just did one of those predictor things on sports predictor.  Have us staying up on 35 points with draws against WBA, Sun, Eve and WHU and wins against Swa, QPR and Burnley.  Leicester (30points), QPR (29 points) and Burnley (28) going down. 

Just did one of those predictor things on sports predictor.  Have us staying up on 35 points with draws against WBA, Sun, Eve and WHU and wins against Swa, QPR and Burnley.  Leicester (30points), QPR (29 points) and Burnley (28) going down. 

That would be nice.