Paul Lambert

limpid

To be honest, I do think the players deserve quite a lot of the blame here.

I'd like to see them with someone else before laying a lot of blame on them.

They've been coached this way and they're asked to play a certain way in a certain system.

Its about coaching, confidence and motivation all of which Lambert has a problem with. Personally I feel a new manager could change the philosophy of the team. I cannot comprehend a team, that for example, as there are many, beats Sunderland by 8, can also win against a good Man city team (last season) and then turns into a team that cant even score a goal

I think MON made some poor decisions with signings and wages. But surely 5 years on we can't blame that era on current events. We've had time to fix issues that he caused.

You are quite right, he is not the only one, but he may be the only one that had as much money afforded to him than every other manager in

the history of the club....I believe the demise we find ourselves in started there and has been carried on by successive managers, which has manifested in us gradually positioning ourselves further and further down the league.

I have never thought the Owner as blameless....but i do not subscribe to the theory that he is responsible for everything that is present day Aston Villa ....ON THE PITCH. I do believe that despite Randy Lerner and all that goes with him, there are managers out there that could give us a better return on performance first and then results than we are getting.

we cant keep going back to MON to blame for where we are as a club now. mistakes were made then yes, but enough time has passed for us to have rectified those mistakes.

you really havn't read what i said did you......He had the treasure chest and nows its gone....we had a window of opportunity that has never existed before or since....until we get a new owner, who has not had the experience of being burn't....the necessary money of ilk....has gone.

Edited by TRO

I wouldn't shed a tear if he left but who replaces him?

Pulis? Give it 6 months and we'd have another incredibly dull team that we all hate watching. The truth is that our squad is poor, even a top manager would struggle with our team.

The problems at Villa run deeper than just managerial level though. Until we have a total overhaul of our approach at board level we will continue to struggle.

We new owners in truth because I have no faith in Lerner having another go.

Â