Paul Lambert

limpid

If we stop going and attendance's drop dramatically, 4 years or no 4 year contract. Lambert will be gone.

Attendance isn't as important as it used to be to a club in terms of finances I'd have thought though

I hope to God we do something different tomorrow. The last few games have been horrible to watch, watching long balls up to the forward or tapping it hopelessly around in midfield has to stop. It seems to take forever to get the ball to their goal. Other teams get the ball and go straight on the attack with some purpous, I'd just like to see something other than 4-5-1 on the counter attack.

For me the Lambert journey has run its course. This is his team, built under a set of restrictions that he acknowledged and subscibed to from the outset, but the same issues remain.

We concede sloppy goals, make basic mistakes and cannot consistently break down poorer teams. QPR are the worst team in this league and we failed to put them to the sword!!

Stan Collymore:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-aston-villa-stars-says-8035114

Stan Collymore has caused a Twitter sensation tonight by claiming that Aston Villa have 'tentatively' sounded out Tony Pulis about a role at the club.

Aston Villa have gone five games without a win or a goal and the pressure is mounting on boss Paul Lambert .

The manager has however had the full support from the board who even tied him down to a new four-year deal in September.

talkSPORT presenter Collymore's latest claim heaps even more pressure on Lambert ahead of the club's home clash with Tottenham Hotspur.

Oh nice one Stan, supposed Villa fan just what is needed before a really important game.

There is no truth in it.

yeah hopefully it was David Moyes instead.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

For me the Lambert journey has run its course. This is his team, built under a set of restrictions that he acknowledged and subscibed to from the outset, but the same issues remain.

We concede sloppy goals, make basic mistakes and cannot consistently break down poorer teams. QPR are the worst team in this league and we failed to put them to the sword!!

Great post, very sad but very true.

The fans will turn big time tomorrow. I will be there and I will be 100% behind the team. Sadly I can see only one result and that is six on the bounce and no goals scored. The quicker everyone wakes up to the unfolding crisis that is Aston Villa the better. 

Edited by Harry

The fans will turn big time tomorrow. I will be there and I will be 100% behind the team. Sadly I can see only one result and that is six on the bounce and no goals scored. The quicker everyone wakes up to the unfolding crisis that is Aston Villa the better.

We've had one bad result and that was against qpr this season. We got 10 points in the first 4 games and only conceded 1 goal. Now i didn't expect anything in the next 4 games nor did we get anything. The worrying thing is lack of goals for me. I think this is a result of trying to shore up the defence which we did in the first 4 games. Id give him to new year to see were we are.

Pullis is a big No for me and i wont step foot in Villa Park if and when he would ever manage us.

I really like Lambert but is tactics and decisions making in play are for most part shocking his analysis of the game leaves me wondering what game he was watching. Tomorrow I can see the fans turning on him again unless something special happens and even then I think parts of the crowd will still be giving him hell.

I want him to go one way or the other however I have no idea who would be crazy enough to take us on :(.

• Like 1

We've had one bad result and that was against qpr this season. We got 10 points in the first 4 games and only conceded 1 goal. Now i didn't expect anything in the next 4 games nor did we get anything. The worrying thing is lack of goals for me. I think this is a result of trying to shore up the defence which we did in the first 4 games. Id give him to new year to see were we are.

Pullis is a big No for me and i wont step foot in Villa Park if and when he would ever manage us.

Did you forget the Leyton Orient game

Or the Everton game where we didn't even turn up?

Pulis would be a big step up from Lambert

Edited by AshVilla

If we stop going and attendance's drop dramatically, 4 years or no 4 year contract. Lambert will be gone.

Attendance isn't as important as it used to be to a club in terms of finances I'd have thought though

Agree, but its not about the finances. If a stadium is only half full because of the results/manager, any owner would have to rectify the problem.

I'm sorry for me it runs much deeper. The style of football we play, if that's what it is, is dire. None of the problems of the last couple of seasons has really been solved. We still concede way too many goals and we just cannot score. Players don't seem to know what role they are being asked to play.

Lambert looks confused and utterly out of his depth. It all started with so much promise and I was so made up when we appointed Lambert two years ago. Its not so much the fact we have lost the last five games, its the manner we have lost them. QPR hurt big time and maybe we were unlucky but the abject performances in the other games cannot be ignored. The truth is we are the whipping boys of the Premiership, the laughing boys, the easy three points.

Lambert sits at the heart of this debacle and for that reason he has to go. If he does not it will get much much worse. As for Pullis I would take him in a heartbeat on the basis he would organise us properly which is something Lambert is utterly incapable of doing. It time for change, the trouble is I do agree that this shambles will probably continue until Christmas when Lerner wakes up and realises that being a decent bloke and a competent manager can be mutually exclusive.

I'm sorry for me it runs much deeper. The style of football we play, if that's what it is, is dire. None of the problems of the last couple of seasons has really been solved. We still concede way too many goals and we just cannot score. Players don't seem to know what role they are being asked to play.

Lambert looks confused and utterly out of his depth. It all started with so much promise and I was so made up when we appointed Lambert two years ago. Its not so much the fact we have lost the last five games, its the manner we have lost them. QPR hurt big time and maybe we were unlucky but the abject performances in the other games cannot be ignored. The truth is we are the whipping boys of the Premiership, the laughing boys, the easy three points.

Lambert sits at the heart of this debacle and for that reason he has to go. If he does not it will get much much worse. As for Pullis I would take him in a heartbeat on the basis he would organise us properly which is something Lambert is utterly incapable of doing. It time for change, the trouble is I do agree that this shambles will probably continue until Christmas when Lerner wakes up and realises that being a decent bloke and a competent manager can be mutually exclusive.

I can see both points of the argument. All im saying is that id like to give him to the New Year. We have allot of upheaval going on in the club with it been up for sale, id rather not add to it until we really have to. We are in a relegation battle no matter who is at the helm.

I can see both points of the argument. All im saying is that id like to give him to the New Year. We have allot of upheaval going on in the club with it been up for sale, id rather not add to it until we really have to. We are in a relegation battle no matter who is at the helm.

Fair comment mate we are in a relegation battle. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Lambert turn it around as that is the best solution for everyone. My problem is that I just can't see it happening. Obviously I hope we get something tomorrow but my concern is that he has lost or is losing the players. Once that happens its game over. 

I said I wouldn't panic until a few games time if results haven't changed and I haven't changed my mind 5 hard games of which we weren't expected to pick up points followed by one we are expected to pick up points but didn't isn't a crisis if your aiming to finish 9th to 15th in this league

• Like 1

I said I wouldn't panic until a few games time if results haven't changed and I haven't changed my mind 5 hard games of which we weren't expected to pick up points followed by one we are expected to pick up points but didn't isn't a crisis if your aiming to finish 9th to 15th in this league

Huh? Maybe i'm tired but I read that like 5 times and still don't understand it.  :(

• Like 1

Yes but look at the manner in which we lost those games. That is the concern. Conceded lots, scored none and played abysmally. 

• Like 1

Â