Paul Lambert

limpid

Well at least we finally scored so our new club record for time without scoring stands at 547 minutes?

Another one for the Lambert book of records

I really hope we don't hear the usual 'records don't matter' comment. I'm sure they would if it was positive.

wasn't his fault for the loss today. I still want a change however, because I don't rate him as a good motivator and motivation is definitely what this team needs right now if we're not to extend our poor form beyond 6 games.

Yep but 5 of them against top 6 sides

Spurs are nothing like a top 6 side this season, I don't care where they finished last time out. They were dire today, and we still couldn't beat them.

• Like 3

Yet Everton were 17th when we played them this Season and in awful form(hadn't won at home in the League when we played them) and Spurs who were 14th in the League before playing us today and equally in horrendous form.The Lambert excuses will ALWAYS seem to come by some... #Lambertout

I think it's pretty fair to say that Everton and Spurs have better teams than Aston Villa.  They're always going to turn their seasons around from being 17th and 14th.  Today, aside from a nervy start, Spurs didn't even look like scoring until Benteke's moment of madness. I'm not sure their quality shone through, we just absolutely gifted them a way back in to the game.

A red card and a horrible deflection on a free kick leaves us with nothing from a game we looked like winning.  Not really sure how this is "Lambert's fault" in this instance?

Today wasn't Lambert's fault. I have been one of his biggest critics for a while but you cannot blame him for a disgraceful refereeing performance, without the ref being a word removed we would have won that game.

• Like 1

Yet Everton were 17th when we played them this Season and in awful form(hadn't won at home in the League when we played them) and Spurs who were 14th in the League before playing us today and equally in horrendous form.The Lambert excuses will ALWAYS seem to come by some... #Lambertout

I think it's pretty fair to say that Everton and Spurs have better teams than Aston Villa. They're always going to turn their seasons around from being 17th and 14th. Today, aside from a nervy start, Spurs didn't even look like scoring until Benteke's moment of madness. I'm not sure their quality shone through, we just absolutely gifted them a way back in to the game.

A red card and a horrible deflection on a free kick leaves us with nothing from a game we looked like winning. Not really sure how this is "Lambert's fault" in this instance?

Its not his fault in this instance. But no ones against him based on just this game.

Spurs are nothing like a top 6 side this season, I don't care where they finished last time out. They were dire today, and we still couldn't beat them. 

I been calling for lambert to go but you cant blame him today for a fool getting himself sent off, and a biased ref

Edited by Demitri_C

Yet Everton were 17th when we played them this Season and in awful form(hadn't won at home in the League when we played them) and Spurs who were 14th in the League before playing us today and equally in horrendous form.The Lambert excuses will ALWAYS seem to come by some... #Lambertout

I think it's pretty fair to say that Everton and Spurs have better teams than Aston Villa. They're always going to turn their seasons around from being 17th and 14th. Today, aside from a nervy start, Spurs didn't even look like scoring until Benteke's moment of madness. I'm not sure their quality shone through, we just absolutely gifted them a way back in to the game.

A red card and a horrible deflection on a free kick leaves us with nothing from a game we looked like winning. Not really sure how this is "Lambert's fault" in this instance?

Its not his fault in this instance. But no ones against him based on just this game.

The quote directly says "Spurs who were 14th..." - it's based on this game too.

Similarly, someone else has posted "Spurs are dire and we still can't beat them".  Ridiculous to think anyone did much wrong today, Benteke aside.

The quote directly says "Spurs who were 14th..." - it's based on this game too.

Similarly, someone else has posted "Spurs are dire and we still can't beat them". Ridiculous to think anyone did much wrong today, Benteke aside.

I saw them. Does that mean this game is all they've based their opinion on?

I been calling for lambert to go but you cant blame him today for a fool getting himself sent off, and a biased ref

Maybe no ones blaming him for today, but it still dont excuse him!! It could easily been a game we could have afforded to lose, if we actually attempted to win any of the others.

Edited by foreveryoung

You'd think we had 70% possession, 15 shots on goal, kept their strikers quiet and were on top all game. We were happy to sit back at 1-0 and happy to have 9 men behind the ball from 65 mins on! Man United were 10 men for longer, lost another to injury and STILL tried to compete!

• Like 1

Yet Everton were 17th when we played them this Season and in awful form(hadn't won at home in the League when we played them) and Spurs who were 14th in the League before playing us today and equally in horrendous form.The Lambert excuses will ALWAYS seem to come by some... #Lambertout

I think it's pretty fair to say that Everton and Spurs have better teams than Aston Villa.  They're always going to turn their seasons around from being 17th and 14th.  Today, aside from a nervy start, Spurs didn't even look like scoring until Benteke's moment of madness. I'm not sure their quality shone through, we just absolutely gifted them a way back in to the game.

A red card and a horrible deflection on a free kick leaves us with nothing from a game we looked like winning.  Not really sure how this is "Lambert's fault" in this instance?

Well we have certainly contributed to one or both of these teams finding some form.I don't blame Lambert directly for losing today,but I definitely blame him indirectly.There is a losing mentality at the Club,Lambert has huge responsibility for this for many reasons.When a team such as us find ourselves in the unlikely position of leading in a game when we have lost so many in a row(regardless of the opposition) our confidence is going to be non-existent,so it's no surprise we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and this comes back to the losing mentality that Lambert is responsible for.Also 29 points from the last 102 available is self explanatory. #Lambertout

• Like 1

I'm so desperate that I'd take Pulis right now. Sure his style isn't the best, but who would turn down some organisation and maybe a few wins?

No you wouldn't and neither would anyone else who's thinking rationally.

People are angry, upset and not thinking clearly.

Pulis would be the equivalent of UKIP getting elected. It would be an absolute travesty of an appointment.

At least he couldn't take us out of Europe  :)

Â