Paul Lambert

limpid

The thing is now even when, and surely it's when and not if, he is sacked I wont be happy because of the mess that he has created at the club it will take an enormous turnaround for whoever takes over.

The man has created a playing ethos around the whole club that is so backward looking its probably got white reverse lights and beeps.

Today was actually a slight blessing in disguise for him because he, and what few supporters he has, will no doubt deflect the discussion away from another woeful tactical performance with references to a scandalous reffing performance and the merits or not of the Benteke red card.

But the clamour for him to go is not based on this one game it's basically been 2 1/2 years of shambolic performances

• Like 4

We really were not controlling that game - which you would think from how lambo has been totally excused the defeat.

But we should have been.

Spurs were awful.

Regardless of lambos position I fear for how bad and demotivated a team will have to be for us to win a game.

The Burnley's etc will be targeting us, west ham will fancy us.

I really fear for survival at present, even if I was happy to let the utterly uninspiring football go.

I'm so desperate that I'd take Pulis right now. Sure his style isn't the best, but who would turn down some organisation and maybe a few wins?

No you wouldn't and neither would anyone else who's thinking rationally.

People are angry, upset and not thinking clearly.

Pulis would be the equivalent of UKIP getting elected. It would be an absolute travesty of an appointment.

I actually think it would take 10+ games lost in a row for Lerner to even think about the sack.

He probably couldn't be bothered wanting to find a new manager for a team he no longer cares about owning.

Today wasn't all about Lambert but the defeat was a product of his 3 years of shit football and management.

He needs to go.

• Like 1

Let's face it, we shouldn't have lost. We were the better team and Spurs were simply abject in every department. Butif we cannot hold our composure to beat a team playing as badly as that, then the outlook isn't very good for most other games we'll play this season. 

• Like 1

Okay, we played with our hearts today and bad refereeing cost us. But the formbook will only show another loss and Lambert must surely be sailing pretty close to the wind by now?

He's sailed as close before, he just got his new bumper deal so he's going nowhere. Lerner isnt going to sack him mid season we already know this, when has ever done that? He'll just see the 17th place finish (If we survive of course) and that's enough for him at this stage.

Has he lost 8 games in a row before, because that can will easily happen against an on form West Ham and Southampton.

So quite a few seem to think we were OK to a day.

One shot on target ?

At home.

To a spurs side who before the game, and by half time, were a shadow of themselves ?

Dear oh dear.

Edited by terrytini

I'm seeing the players give everything. We just lack quality. How is any other manager going to bring that with peanuts to spend. If they continue to play like today we'll be fine.

If we continue to play like today we will absolutely not be fine, i have no idea how you could even suggest that.

One shot on target ?

At home.

To a spurs side who before the game, and by half time, were a shadow of themselves ?

Dear oh dear.

We were a little better than usual, but let's face it, we are usually one dimensional and shit.

Spurs where as shit today as QPR where Monday we have conceded 4 goals and scored one with no points.Could argue Everton easily beat us and they were not in top form either.We are so easily beaten now that the likes of Pulis who at the least would make us harder to beat is seen as a step up

One shot on target ?

At home.

Dear oh dear.

Going from 0 shots on target to 1 for some in here is like amazing. We aren't creating chances under Lambert that's a huge concern. Match stats says Spurs 9-1 in shots on target, fully deserved the win. You can't argue with facts.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

So i wonder what excuse will be made for him after today's game

Probably page 242 of the "We Go Again" handbook

Great post (not really), I'm angling down the "Christian Benteke" route though.  **** stupid.

I'm seeing the players give everything. We just lack quality. How is any other manager going to bring that with peanuts to spend. If they continue to play like today we'll be fine.

If we continue to play like today we will absolutely not be fine, i have no idea how you could even suggest that.

I agree, if we play every game like we did today, we will be fine for sure.

When I say fine I mean scrape being relegated. I can't see what sacking him without a replacement will achieve apart from most probably relegation.

Â