Paul Lambert

limpid

Not going to give Lambert pelters for that performance. I've seen us play worse.

The thing that's really worrying is that Spurs looked awful and still won. 

Really? 1 shot on target and your ok with that?Truth is, Spuds were awful and still won

To be fair, that stat is a bit misleading today.

That doesn't include Weimanns header in the first half, Benteke's free header from Lowton's cross, Benteke hitting the woodwork, Cissokho's chance at 1-1.

None of them on target but all good chances that we created.

Not saying it's good enough, but it's not like we only created one chance.

• Like 3

Benteke was an idiot but Ref had a mare.

To be fair they were winding him up all game, elbows and pushing him every challenge. I could see it ending badly. Dare I say Lambert could have managed it better at half time?

Edited by foreveryoung

Not going to give Lambert pelters for that performance. I've seen us play worse.

Really? 1 shot on target and your ok with that?Truth is, Spuds were awful and still won

Yes. The first half was an improvement. Not saying I'm happy but I'm just not going to lose it over that performance. The stats are a little misleading 'cos we hit the WW and went close a few times.

I think it's clear that I've been vocal about how pants PL has been. This wasn't our worst game.

Your 2nd sentence is just repeating my point.

Cannot completely blame him today.

My worry is how will he get the players motivated? Even an improved performance garnered 0 points.

There's a chance a new manager would instil a sense of there being a fresh start. Will Lerner sack Lambert? Probably not yet. But surely if we lose a couple more games the media attention and general fan atmosphere will make something happen. Bad times for us fans.

Edited by Chap of Steel

Okay, we played with our hearts today and bad refereeing cost us. But the formbook will only show another loss and Lambert must surely be sailing pretty close to the wind by now?

He's sailed as close before, he just got his new bumper deal so he's going nowhere. Lerner isnt going to sack him mid season we already know this, when has ever done that? He'll just see the 17th place finish (If we survive of course) and that's enough for him at this stage.

Yes. The first half was an improvement. Not saying I'm happy but I'm just not going to lose it over that performance. The stats are a little misleading 'cos we hit the WW and went close a few times.

I think it's clear that I've been vocal about how pants PL has been. This wasn't our worst game.

Your 2nd sentence is just repeating my point.

Still, we aren't creating enough chances, apart from the goal, and without Benteke where are our goals coming from in the upcoming games? I can't see it, at this rate we're going down bigtime. Changes must be made, and the clock is ticking.

Edited by villalad21

Looking at the next two fixture - West Ham and Southampton, both teams are playing well and on a high, whereas we're nowhere near the form in which we could draw a game, let alone win.

The fixtures following them though - Burnley, Palace, Leicester West Brom are against our 'relegation' rivals and points are vital.

Part of me thinks sack Lambert - ride out the next two matches and get Moyes in for the (ahem) 'winnable' matches coming up.

I like Lambert as a bloke but to be honest, it just never looks like improving - today he was done over by his best player being ill-disciplined regardless of provocation.

I would love to turn the radio on and hear he is gone but since he only signed a new four year deal 6 weeks ago I cannot see him going even if he loses the next 2, 3, 4 or 5.

He will be here at Christmas, New Year and sadly on the day we get relegated. He ain't going anywhere.

Your wishing!! He will be gone if we lose the next 2, if not it'll be a absolute crime to us fans!

When has Lerner paid any attention to the fans.....the whole McLeish debarcle showed that.

People are assuming that it was Lerner that gave Lambert the contract extension and Fox will step in and remove him but what if it was Fox who sorted out the deal? Is he really going to say to Lerner that wa a big mistake and we need to sack him 6, 7 or 8 games later.

Let there be no doubt I want him out and should never ever appoint another Scottish manager again.

I'm so desperate that I'd take Pulis right now. Sure his style isn't the best, but who would turn down some organisation and maybe a few wins?

The manner of our defeat today could have been avoided with better organisation and discipline.

Aside from the shit tactics, I don't think Lambert has the respect of the players and that's why we lost the way we did. He's way out of his depth in this league.

• Like 3

Â