Paul Lambert

limpid

I'm seeing the players give everything. We just lack quality. How is any other manager going to bring that with peanuts to spend. If they continue to play like today we'll be fine.

Give it up chap!

Give it up? It's the first time I've defended him.

Tactics. "Cross everything to Benteke". To easy for Tottenham, they just marked him out the game and roughed him up. He was telling the ref all game to keep an eye, unfortunately it got out of hand.

He missed a sitter, hit the bar and headed just wide?

I'm seeing the players give everything. We just lack quality. How is any other manager going to bring that with peanuts to spend. If they continue to play like today we'll be fine.

If we continue to play like today we will absolutely not be fine, i have no idea how you could even suggest that.

When I say fine I mean scrape being relegated. I can't see what sacking him without a replacement will achieve apart from most probably relegation.

Let it go!!! With the performances recently and the tactical inability, its not going to be hard to replace Lambert!

If we continue to play like today we will absolutely not be fine, i have no idea how you could even suggest that.

When I say fine I mean scrape being relegated. I can't see what sacking him without a replacement will achieve apart from most probably relegation.

So the same as the last 5 seasons then? Is this how its going to be now?

Let it go!!! With the performances recently and the tactical inability, its not going to be hard to replace Lambert!

Let what go? Chill out dude. If he got sacked I wouldn't be upset but I think it's naive to think just anybody can do a lot better with this shit squad of players.

Benteke was foolish and possibly cost us today. At least his 3 match ban will be a ready made excuse if we don't manage to win (or score) in the next 3 games.

:D :D :D

Missing our best player definitely isn't a valid excuse.   We should be head and shoulders ahead of all the other teams.  By a mile.

As I've said already, I don't blame Lambert for the lost today but he really needs to go. We are in dire form and the way we have lost today, including having no Benteke, will have severally damaged any remaining confidence. I really worry for us this season under Lambert. Teams who were around us last year, like West Ham, Hull, Swansea and West Brom have all improved or at least have the potential to improve (Hull's signings etc). This really leaves us with the hope that the 3 promoted teams, Sunderland and Palace do worse than us. That is pretty depressing. 

I also think it is inevitable that Vlaar and Delph will leave us at the end of the season, which undoes any work Lambert went about re-building a new team. We will have to start over again and why would there be any faith that he could manage that task when he is currently failing?

I think even Pullis would be a better option, even just for the new manager boost, but I'd hope we could do better. It is not an unrealistic assumption that we will lose our next two games, which would make it an incredible 8 losses in a row. A part of me really thinks that Lerner would never fire Lambert, I'm just clinging onto the hope that Fox may step in to try an push the club forward.  

Yep but 5 of them against top 6 sides

This tickles me.

Last season competing against and beating these teams were used as proof of progress. Hell, I used it myself before I became fed up of all the bollocks under such an incompetent manager.

Yet now it is used to defend Lambert's ultra defensive incompetence, "we shouldn't be beating these" and "ignore these games, concentrate on the non-top six.

Well guess what. We are still **** shit!

So the same as the last 5 seasons then? Is this how its going to be now?

As long as Lerner is in charge I think so. Our aim is to stay in the league every season. Hard to stomach but when a team that just about stayed up has a net spend of 10M to bring in players it's just a matter of time.

Worryingly, it was our form against 'top' sides that keep us up last season and those sort of opponents that our set-up is best suited to. 

• Like 1

Worryingly, it was our form against 'top' sides that keep us up last season and those sort of opponents that our set-up is best suited to. 

The worry has been that we don't do enough against the sides around us in my opinion.  This season goes against your post - we've done better the other way round which, in theory, is the way it should be.

It is extremely harsh to attribute blame to Lambert for this game.

Maybe if we weren't so shit and defensive minded in the 6 games previous, we'd play with more confidence and direction. Not the tactics though, that is like sitting up waiting for Santa to come, it ain't happening.

Yet Everton were 17th when we played them this Season and in awful form(hadn't won at home in the League when we played them) and Spurs who were 14th in the League before playing us today and equally in horrendous form.The Lambert excuses will ALWAYS seem to come by some... #Lambertout

• Like 2

Â