Paul Lambert

limpid

Just had interesting half time call from someone credible( as always!) David Moyes would be " Very interested "in #AVFC job.

Not sure I would want Gollum either to be honest. However it puts things into perspective that he almost relegated Everton then finished 4th the season after. In that case we may as well keep Lambert. Different direction or none at all!

Lerner does need to go!!!  I simply don't trust him to 1) Give the club the investment it desperately needs and 2) Appoint a decent manager to make the most of the investment he has made. The last bit was sarcasm by the way, though I won't complain if it happens.

The problem is that if the mooted take over rumours are true if we are in the Premiership next season then the new owners will want their own manager in. At the moment we haven't secured that yet so the new owners can't be consulted yet in who they would want so I think we're stuck with him until the end of the season come what may.

i know a lot might not like this idea but what if we hired moyes as the manager and change lambert to be the head coach. Moyes can buy the cheaper players(as he has showed he can with everton) and Lambert signs the more expensive players ala benteke and kozak

i know a lot might not like this idea but what if we hired moyes as the manager and change lambert to be the head coach. Moyes can buy the cheaper players(as he has showed he can with everton) and Lambert signs the more expensive players ala benteke and kozak

Neither of them would be happy with that and why would Randy want to pay out twice the wages? Never going to happen.

At this stage of the season it is usually considered a bad idea to sack a manager. The line usually wheeled out is that it could well do more harm than good. In this instance it can't though can it. We have lost 5 of our last 6 drawing the other. Trounced in three of them. That stat is bad enough on its own but when you consider those games included defeats against, at the time, fellow strugglers Stoke, Fulham, Palace and Swansea who all showed way more heart, fight and an appreciation of the shit they were in than us then it is shocking.

Whether some like it or not the crowd are 99.9% against Lambert now.  As much as fans will try their best to back the team that underlying feeling of having zero confidence in the manager means that a negative atmosphere being created will never be far away.

We need a win against Hull and I think we now have more chance of securing that without Lambert. It won't be about tactics or technical ability now. It will be about passion, pride in the shirt, all out blood and guts not giving up on any ball and players running themselves into the ground. We need someone to step in and instill that into the players before they cross that white line. Lambert hasn't been able to do it. I think we should go down the Man Utd route for the remainder of this season. Put people temporarily in charge who know what it means to play for this great club and have some real pride and passion for it and who the fans will instantly get behind. The likes of Cowans, Little, Evans instantly spring to mind.

This is so spot on, fantastic post

• Like 1

:blink: What!!!!!!

I'd love him to get the boot tonight but there's no way Lerner will sack him. Either he's waiting for the potential new oners to do it or he won't pay the compensation as he's even worse penny pincher nowdays than Scrooge.

Â