Paul Lambert

limpid

Just sticking my colours on the mast. I still support Lambert. I don't think it's his fault the mess we're all in and I'd prefer to stick with him.

I agree Darren.

I don't think he's the root of all our problems. In fact I cannot imagine any manager doing any better in the circumstances.

We need changes at the club financially which will hopefully come this summer and I for one would like to see lambert given a season without financial constraints as I think sacking him now after him keeping us safe with a championship team two seasons in a row would be a bit harsh.

I know some people will point out that he signed lower league players etc but with the wage structure as it is that's about all he could do.

The thing is when a team is that bad, once the manager loses the fans support the negativity surrounding the club reaches dangerous levels. Whether or not Lambert is the reason for the blame because irrelevant, somebody has to take the fall. We all know Lerner is the route cause but there is nothing we can do or say to him. Players and manager will get the brunt of the fans rage. A new manager may prove even worse in the long wrong but the initial shot in the arm the club might get could be the difference between surviving another year or going down.

He has to go.

This may be true, but I don't think Lerner will hang an employee out to dry who has failed due to the restrictions imposed upon him. I just really hope we win against Hull.

He set us up well today and we really took the game to Swansea.  We were playing some really neat and tidy stuff but were let down by individual mistakes and got done in the latter part of the second half as we tried to push on for the equaliser.  I was pleased by the performance for the first 60 or so minutes.  If we play like that vs Hull we should hopefully get the win.

• Like 2

Just sticking my colours on the mast. I still support Lambert. I don't think it's his fault the mess we're all in and I'd prefer to stick with him.

I agree Darren.

I don't think he's the root of all our problems. In fact I cannot imagine any manager doing any better in the circumstances.

We need changes at the club financially which will hopefully come this summer and I for one would like to see lambert given a season without financial constraints as I think sacking him now after him keeping us safe with a championship team two seasons in a row would be a bit harsh.

I know some people will point out that he signed lower league players etc but with the wage structure as it is that's about all he could do.

The thing is when a team is that bad, once the manager loses the fans support the negativity surrounding the club reaches dangerous levels. Whether or not Lambert is the reason for the blame because irrelevant, somebody has to take the fall. We all know Lerner is the route cause but there is nothing we can do or say to him. Players and manager will get the brunt of the fans rage. A new manager may prove even worse in the long wrong but the initial shot in the arm the club might get could be the difference between surviving another year or going down.

He has to go.

This may be true, but I don't think Lerner will hang an employee out to dry who has failed due to the restrictions imposed upon him. I just really hope we win against Hull.

I hear this a lot and although I see where you're coming from is he really hanging him out to dry? Not many manages would earn more than a million pounds to escape relegation by the skin of their teeth two seasons in a row.

Think I'll add my two pence now the beer has taken the edge off.

I feel sorry for him in a strange way. He hasn't had the resources to do the job properly and I genuinely believe that based on the squad and what he's had to spend 15th place is about right. What I can see is a squad packed with championship players rapidly finding their level and Lambert doesn't seem to have it within him to make any difference to that.

In terms of blame I reckon he's 33% responsible for this mess, the majority of the blame lies with Lerner and the board....

A clean sweep is needed next season assuming we stay up. If there is not significant investment into the starting XI in the summer we will go down next season no questions asked.

I agree if Lambert and Lerner stay for next season we are relegated. I will put money on it because those two combined are not interested in a football club playing decent football. Lambert and his damn hoof ball nearly got us relegated last season if it wasn't for Benteke we would probably be md championship by now.

As for this season without Benteke and Kozak Lambert has no plan B. He has absolutely no idea what to do and you can see it, every time its just panic substitutions when the game is already over. 

I have watched villa since the mid 90's and there was always something about an aston villa side that kept me optimistic (graham taylor and mccleish aside) but this past couple of seasons i actually feel sad watching this hapless excuse for a side. /vent over.

He set us up well today and we really took the game to Swansea.  We were playing some really neat and tidy stuff but were let down by individual mistakes and got done in the latter part of the second half as we tried to push on for the equaliser.  I was pleased by the performance for the first 60 or so minutes.  If we play like that vs Hull we should hopefully get the win.

If he'd started with Clark instead of Baker and either Tonev or Robinson instead of Weimann I think we could've snatched a draw or even a win today.

He set us up well today and we really took the game to Swansea. We were playing some really neat and tidy stuff but were let down by individual mistakes and got done in the latter part of the second half as we tried to push on for the equaliser. I was pleased by the performance for the first 60 or so minutes. If we play like that vs Hull we should hopefully get the win.

Haha. This is a funny post. :)

• Like 1

I agree Darren.

He has to go.

I hear this a lot and although I see where you're coming from is he really hanging him out to dry? Not many manages would earn more than a million pounds to escape relegation by the skin of their teeth two seasons in a row.
Fair point. Quite a fall from grace from being considered Rodgers' equal with getting teams promoted and impressively stable in the PL, to where they both are now. And not a small amount due to one going to Liverpool and one going to Aston Villa. I can't help but feel slightly responsible for that.

Push for the equaliser? I don't think vorm had a shot to save.

Edited by jasoncb

I agree Darren.

He has to go.

Fair point. Quite a fall from grace from being considered Rodgers' equal with getting teams promoted and impressively stable in the PL, to where they both are now. And not a small amount due to one going to Liverpool and one going to Aston Villa. I can't help but feel slightly responsible for that.

He would have known what he was getting in for and it may be shame for the guy. But if he really is a good manager he will get another role and bounce back.

Push for the equaliser? I don't think vorm had a shot to save.

So that means we weren't pushing for an equaliser?  Watch the third goal again!  We were short at the back cus our players had pushed up the pitch trying to catch Swansea on the break when we cleared the corner.

In recent times just about every decision at villa has been a financial one

For the good of the future of the club a footballing one needs to be made right now......it seems he has lost everyone at the club bar 2....they need to wake up and smell the coffee.

I agree Darren.

He has to go.

He would have known what he was getting in for and it may be shame for the guy. But if he really is a good manager he will get another role and bounce back.

That's what drives the merry-go-round....but it won't help us.

I agree he has to go because he has lost the support of the fans. It Was always going to happen with the remit Lerner gave him eventually. Im just thankful to him that he has been able to keep such an awful team of players up over the past 2 season.

But remember this fellow Villa fans, if Lambert goes and Lerner stays, there wont be a manager worth his salt who will touch us with a 1000ft barge pole.

I agree Darren.

He has to go.

That's what drives the merry-go-round....but it won't help us.

It does but we've reached a stage when we can only hope that doing something is better than doing nothing.

For what it's worth I would not be surprised if Lambert is kept in charge if Lerner doesn't sell the club. It wouldn't be the first time he ignores the majority of Villa fans. (Who I feel he has no respect for whats so ever I might add).

If he'd started with Clark instead of Baker and either Tonev or Robinson instead of Weimann I think we could've snatched a draw or even a win today.

WTF? Have you not seen him play. He's dogshit. Utter dogshit. You think he would have made a difference???? SERIOUSLY? I mean this post actually makes me angry it's so stupid

WTF? Have you not seen him play. He's dogshit. Utter dogshit. You think he would have made a difference???? SERIOUSLY? I mean this post actually makes me angry it's so stupid

When he's been subbed on lately he's been certainly a lot better than Weimann who's been **** useless. He's certainly been closer to the goal than Weimann too.

• Like 2

I agree he has to go because he has lost the support of the fans. It Was always going to happen with the remit Lerner gave him eventually. Im just thankful to him that he has been able to keep such an awful team of players up over the past 2 season.

But remember this fellow Villa fans, if Lambert goes and Lerner stays, there wont be a manager worth his salt who will touch us with a 1000ft barge pole.

Lerner has clearly made the circumstances to manage very difficult.

.but when Pulis took over palace they was in a worst state than us.....he hasn't done it with money.

Basically, it's all about managers....not owners.

• Like 1

Â