Paul Lambert

limpid

Just been on twitter, no rumours at all that he's been sacked. Gutted (not surprised).

Though it probably won't happen anyway, rarely is it done on the same day.

I'm 100% certain he won't be sacked before the end of the season. Just got to put up with it for now.

I wouldn't say 100% certain but would say it is most likely Lambert will be with us to the end of the season.

Perhaps just 3 more defeats to look forward too.

In all honesty I'm not sure it's going to get much better if we sack him unless Lerner goes. If we are taken over we've surely got to take our chances with a new man. If Lerner stays and keeps the wages as they are... brrr... I think we're almost doomed regardless. I'd be ambivalent whether we sacked him or not. As I said in the other thread, we'd be down already with this squad under most managers and Lambert's not primarily to blame for its construction.

I think marks post was bang on.

Lambert has had a poor season, but our record since the Chelsea game alone, suggests a serious deterioration in our fortunes.

He needs to go and that needs to be now.....there is a bad smell about the place and it could take us down.

• Like 1

For me, it's his squad now. It''s moulded in his image. While he's not been given crazy money, he's been given £20m to sign players both seasons. He's obviously chosen quantity over quality and it hasn't worked.

Just sticking my colours on the mast. I still support Lambert. I don't think it's his fault the mess we're all in and I'd prefer to stick with him.

I respect that Darren. He's losing me to be honest but if we beat Hull I might come back around. He's staked a lot on it, calling it a must-win. If we don't win he's got nowhere to hide.

• Like 1

Well, I defended him over the last week, I was thinking that the karsa and culverhouse thing may have had an effect. But looking at today, you cannot lose 4 - 1 to a team around you, when you are in as much relegation danger as we are.

You'd at least expect him to be motivational during this time, and evidently, he hasn't been.

Whilst I dont feel sacking him now would make any difference to our season, when you lose the support as much as he did, your days are numbered..

You tried at least.

Jesus you really believed that suspending Culverhouse and Karsa would improve us!

I said at the time it wouldn't. Why are people so naive?

You're a nobody to me, I'm sorry I never bowed to your vastly superior knowledge.

The karsa culverhouse thing is one of a list of reasons I believed lambert were to have negatively affected the squad.

If I were to work in the same place as you, when you got fired, I'd be over the moon and be extra motivated :-)

Sorry to disappoint you but nobody can ever fire me because I am self employed.

I might be a nobody to you but clearly I do have superior knowledge to realise that the suspension of 2 coaches wouldn't have the effect that you were clearly hoping for.

Free lance meter maid?

Well, I defended him over the last week, I was thinking that the karsa and culverhouse thing may have had an effect. But looking at today, you cannot lose 4 - 1 to a team around you, when you are in as much relegation danger as we are.

You'd at least expect him to be motivational during this time, and evidently, he hasn't been.

Whilst I dont feel sacking him now would make any difference to our season, when you lose the support as much as he did, your days are numbered..

You tried at least.

Jesus you really believed that suspending Culverhouse and Karsa would improve us!

I said at the time it wouldn't. Why are people so naive?

You're a nobody to me, I'm sorry I never bowed to your vastly superior knowledge.

The karsa culverhouse thing is one of a list of reasons I believed lambert were to have negatively affected the squad.

If I were to work in the same place as you, when you got fired, I'd be over the moon and be extra motivated :-)

Sorry to disappoint you but nobody can ever fire me because I am self employed.

I might be a nobody to you but clearly I do have superior knowledge to realise that the suspension of 2 coaches wouldn't have the effect that you were clearly hoping for.

Free lance meter maid?

A stupid response but then again what can anyone expect.
no note stupid than your pathetic "I'm self employed" post.

He has a different opinion to you. Deal with it.

Just sticking my colours on the mast. I still support Lambert. I don't think it's his fault the mess we're all in and I'd prefer to stick with him.

I agree Darren.

I don't think he's the root of all our problems. In fact I cannot imagine any manager doing any better in the circumstances.

We need changes at the club financially which will hopefully come this summer and I for one would like to see lambert given a season without financial constraints as I think sacking him now after him keeping us safe with a championship team two seasons in a row would be a bit harsh.

I know some people will point out that he signed lower league players etc but with the wage structure as it is that's about all he could do.

• Like 2

Thanks eames. But as Trent said, I was stupid, pac was stupid.

In the aftermath of watching our common team lose, we were both a bit disappointed and I was a bit silly.

I wouldn't and haven't acted in such a manner before and I've let myself down. Apologies to the people who were correct in saying it was stupid at both ends, it won't happen again.

Up the villa. :-)

• Like 1

I agree Darren.

I don't think he's the root of all our problems. In fact I cannot imagine any manager doing any better in the circumstances.

We need changes at the club financially which will hopefully come this summer and I for one would like to see lambert given a season without financial constraints as I think sacking him now after him keeping us safe with a championship team two seasons in a row would be a bit harsh.

I know some people will point out that he signed lower league players etc but with the wage structure as it is that's about all he could do.

The thing is when a team is that bad, once the manager loses the fans support the negativity surrounding the club reaches dangerous levels. Whether or not Lambert is the reason for the blame because irrelevant, somebody has to take the fall. We all know Lerner is the route cause but there is nothing we can do or say to him. Players and manager will get the brunt of the fans rage. A new manager may prove even worse in the long wrong but the initial shot in the arm the club might get could be the difference between surviving another year or going down.

He has to go.

Think I'll add my two pence now the beer has taken the edge off.

I feel sorry for him in a strange way. He hasn't had the resources to do the job properly and I genuinely believe that based on the squad and what he's had to spend 15th place is about right. What I can see is a squad packed with championship players rapidly finding their level and Lambert doesn't seem to have it within him to make any difference to that.

In terms of blame I reckon he's 33% responsible for this mess, the majority of the blame lies with Lerner and the board....

A clean sweep is needed next season assuming we stay up. If there is not significant investment into the starting XI in the summer we will go down next season no questions asked.

• Like 1

Each to his own to anyone who still wants Lambert but theres no way back from here, once the fans go in mass and the players dont play for him then its curtains, add to that his staff being removed and eventually sacked. Not even winning the next 3 4-0 would be enough to make this season acceptable and i genuinely think that. Been an utter shambles from start to finish.

Ideally he is shown the door tomorrow or the next, Sid takes over and we got a good positive atmosphere for Hull and give it a go. If not it'll be the same poisonous atmosphere and the same terrible performance.

• Like 1

The question is can you play decent football on the finances available. If we don't get a takeover I reckon we would need a manager with good connections to up and coming players and combine that with some top loan signings and add a couple of experienced heads to that.

Sounds a bit like Everton but a continental manager is the only way we can get good players within our budget.

I am just preying for a takeover as finding solutions to this mess is depressing.

Â