Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert has just said next week is our cup final.

So we will lose that then.

I sort of get what he is saying but it would have been better to say we have 3 Cup Finals. Sounds a bit like he has written off the City and Spurs games. We could fluke a point.

Totally agree with the feeling that he should have said we have 3 cup finals ahead of us. if we **** the Hull game up he's gotta say it all over again. To be honest, i don't think he can see us getting anything out of the away games so he's definitely putting all our eggs into one basket, which is frightening.

Having said all that, I still think that other teams will do us a favour. I can see Fulham, Norwich and one of Sunderland/Cardiff finishing below us. How important are those wins against Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea looking? Imagine if we had shown the same form against last season's top four? We'd have been down by now!

I have had enough now, I have lost all belief in both the manager and players, no system, no skill, no nothing, complete shambles, what ever happens at the end of the season he has to go along with most of the squad, If they can not be motivated by PL they sure as hell should be by the prospect of being relegated, Perhaps they are trying to get us relegated as to remain in the Premier League will mean the end of their gravy train, they have been shocking for most of the season with no evidence they can improve,

He's just come out with his usual post match line "You can't fault their effort, they gave it their all."

This man has to be **** taking the piss surely? We've just been spanked 4-1 AGAIN, teams need more than effort you absolutely **** pillock.

• Like 1

This is certainly one of if not the lowest I've felt as a Villa fan, on other occasions I've always felt at least that we've got something in the team to nick us something or spring a surprise result, we just have nothing here and together with the sloppiest, laziest and unmotivated bunch of players I've ever seen I just never thought I'd see a Villa team this half-arsed, it's hard to take.

I've been very critical of Lambert, doubted his ability for a long time but always felt that it would do more damage to the club to sack him in this run in, probably because I presumed we'd flop over the line and sort the situation out in the summer. May still happen but I just can't see any future for him here now. 18 defeats this season. Eighteen and barely any sign of life in a beaten and bruised team. Paul, Just go, please. For our sanity and yours. 

Edited by nobler

He's just come out with his usual post match line "You can't fault their effort, they gave it their all."

This man has to be **** taking the piss surely? We've just been spanked 4-1 AGAIN, teams need more than effort you absolutely **** pillock.

.....was it a recording? from the first match of the season.

Was prepared to give the benefit of the doubt but not now, he has to go, so what if he has worked under restrictions, the players obviously will not play for him, we have no tactics or fight, He has to go and so do most of the players, there are maybe 2 or 3 I would keep but the rest can sod off back to division 2 where they belong, maybe the blue noses will take them off us.

Next weeks game is our last real chance of securing premier league football for next season but I now have no faith in Lambert being able to prepare the team for it.

We all laughed at Norwich for ditching hughton prior to their 'winnable' match but now I think we should follow suit and hope the players show some defiance and determination.

Lambert has many valid excuses to use for our failings but the buck stops with him and he obviously hasn't got it in him to motivate and prepare the squad anymore.

Give Sid managerial duties and pray we scrape something next week

• Like 2

Â