Paul Lambert

limpid

I agree he has to go because he has lost the support of the fans. It Was always going to happen with the remit Lerner gave him eventually. Im just thankful to him that he has been able to keep such an awful team of players up over the past 2 season.

But remember this fellow Villa fans, if Lambert goes and Lerner stays, there wont be a manager worth his salt who will touch us with a 1000ft barge pole.

Lerner has clearly made the circumstances to manage very difficult.

.but when Pulis took over palace they was in a worst state than us.....he hasn't done it with money.

Basically, it's all about managers....not owners.

Exactly. Whinging because of the £20m a year "constraints" isn't really a valid argument. He's built his own squad with players of his choosing and spent more money than a number of teams in the league. 

It's not just £20m though is it? It's the maximum wages they'll pay. There's no room for anyone who's any good. Anyone we've wanted to sign in the summer or January has been signed by another club who will pay the wages and they've since gone on to score against us.

• Like 1

He set us up well today and we really took the game to Swansea.  We were playing some really neat and tidy stuff but were let down by individual mistakes and got done in the latter part of the second half as we tried to push on for the equaliser.  I was pleased by the performance for the first 60 or so minutes.  If we play like that vs Hull we should hopefully get the win.

Push for the equaliser? I don't think vorm had a shot to save.

So that means we weren't pushing for an equaliser?  Watch the third goal again!  We were short at the back cus our players had pushed up the pitch trying to catch Swansea on the break when we cleared the corner.

Short at the back? we had 7 players in and around the area. It was simply poor defending. Enough of the excuses!

Edited by jasoncb

The irony is we have entered this double dip of form on the back of a great home win. What more of a confidence boost could that be.

This is surely bad management.....something very seriously wrong at the club.

• Like 1

It was all wrong to drop the high earners and fund new signings. Its destroyed what we had left. We have made these player worthless. Who's amateur idea was this, ot was clearly isane.If we could have just played them, even as 2 choice, at least they would have been in the shop window, now they are worthless. I mean is bent any worse than Weimann. Is Ireland worse than KEA and is Bennett better than Hutton????

Money could have been saved and used on that all important AM we have been so desperate for. Why in the hell can we amateurs see it but not the managers or board???

Agreed, how can we come off a win at Chelsea and then not win another game since. You can only blame Lambert for this surely!!!

Edited by foreveryoung

I thought the wages myth was debunked already

We have a wage bill and transfer budget probably 10 times that of Bradford and Sheffield United and they hammered us

The manager is just woeful

Not that I saw.

That's the same flawed logic that says Bradford are better than Arsenal. It doesn't work. Undeniable facts are we wouldn't or couldn't pay for players we wanted to sign who have since scored against us for other clubs.

Stop with the wages and transfer budgets argument its been done over and over and over again. He's doing an absolutely awful job at the minutes whether he had 200m or 2m where we are is completely unacceptable.

Exactly this.

It was all wrong to drop the high earners and fund new signings. Its destroyed what we had left. We have made these player worthless. Who's amateur idea was this, ot was clearly isane.If we could have just played them, even as 2 choice, at least they would have been in the shop window, now they are worthless. I mean is bent any worse than Weimann. Is Ireland worse than KEA and is Bennett better than Hutton????

Money could have been saved and used on that all important AM we have been so desperate for. Why in the hell can we amateurs see it but not the managers or board???

Agreed, how can we come off a win at Chelsea and then not win another game since. You can only blame Lambert for this surely!!!

Always wondered this but can only think they thought it would be easier to sell the big earners if they were more desperate to move from villa and take a cut in wages. Of course it didn't really work since they just sat in the reserves/youth team and collected their wages.

Stop with the wages and transfer budgets argument its been done over and over and over again. He's doing an absolutely awful job at the minutes whether he had 200m or 2m where we are is completely unacceptable.

Sadly, I am inclined to agree with you. I believe It is best to place Sid in charge for the remaining three games to help ameliorate the negative mood around the club, I fear it could get nasty next week at VP.

• Like 3

We have a wage bill and transfer budget probably 10 times that of Bradford and Sheffield United and they hammered us

Not that I saw.

That's the same flawed logic that says Bradford are better than Arsenal. It doesn't work. Undeniable facts are we wouldn't or couldn't pay for players we wanted to sign who have since scored against us for other clubs.

Please drop the defence of Lambert now Darren, its worthless. He has lost the fans, plays awful football and is just seeing out his days. If it was up to me and 88% of other fans he would be out of a job tonight.

Not that I saw.

Please drop the defence of Lambert now Darren, its worthless. He has lost the fans, plays awful football and is just seeing out his days. If it was up to me and 88% of other fans he would be out of a job tonight.

Just curious, why 88%? Thats a bit random

I said this after the few few months of last season and got slaughtered on here. I've always thought the so called 'bomb squad' were poor but no way are they any worse than what was signed to replace them.

Always wondered this but can only think they thought it would be easier to sell the big earners if they were more desperate to move from villa and take a cut in wages. Of course it didn't really work since they just sat in the reserves/youth team and collected their wages.

I see the Bradford debacle got mentioned so can I just say that losing to a league 2 side in a one off game is always possible. Losing over 2 legs is practically a sin!

He set us up well today and we really took the game to Swansea.  We were playing some really neat and tidy stuff but were let down by individual mistakes and got done in the latter part of the second half as we tried to push on for the equaliser.  I was pleased by the performance for the first 60 or so minutes.  If we play like that vs Hull we should hopefully get the win.

Push for the equaliser? I don't think vorm had a shot to save.

So that means we weren't pushing for an equaliser?  Watch the third goal again!  We were short at the back cus our players had pushed up the pitch trying to catch Swansea on the break when we cleared the corner.

Short at the back? we had 7 players in and around the area. It was simply poor defending. Enough of the excuses!

Ok then we weren't pushing for an equaliser and had left ourselves short at the back? ........

Last season, everyone was loving wiemann an slating bent. Just because wiemann is now not flavour of the month, you can't forget the poor performances of bent.

Yes Bent was shit tbf. I never really understood the logic in selling Collins without a replacement though.

Â