Paul Lambert

limpid

Just sticking my colours on the mast. I still support Lambert.

There

I agree Darren

And there.

To be fair, Darren has previously said that he'll still back Lambert even if he takes us down so there is literally nothing Lambert can do to change his mind anyway.

Edited by Isa

There

I agree Darren

And there.
To be fair, Darren has previously said that he'll still back Lambert even if he takes us down so there is literally nothing Lambert can do to change his mind anyway.

Really? Why the **** would you back this clown if we went down?

Well unless Randy does a massive U-turn, it looks like he is here until the end of the season. With this in mind I'm quite prepared to get behind Lambert, the players, the club to make sure we stay in this division. If he goes at the end of the season then so be it, but the most important thing at the moment is to avoid relegation.

Edited by Supervillan78
  • Like 2

There

I agree Darren

And there.

I still support him too, because he's Aston Villa manager and doing anything else would be ridiculous. However, I believe you can support someone while they're in a position, but still want them replaced ASAP

• Like 1

There

I agree Darren

And there.

I still support him too, because he's Aston Villa manager and doing anything else would be ridiculous. However, I believe you can support someone while they're in a position, but still want them replaced ASAP

That isn't the type of support being referred to in the quoted text though. He means that he still wants him to remain as our manager.

Disappointing result today against Swansea, although I did pretty much expect it. And in a way it sort of echoes my overwhelming feeling about Paul Lambert; one of disappointment. When he first took over in 2012, remember when we thought it might be Solksjaer, I was really pleased that it was Lambert in the end. I knew how well he'd done at Norwich and hoped he could replicate that success, but with a bigger club obviously pushing to the next level. Ultimately, I suppose I always knew, once the severe budget restrictions were placed on the team, wages and transfers (although to what extent these are concrete we can only guess, will they be in place for the next manager too?) that it would be a very high risk strategy. Low risk in terms of money, but high risk playing with Villa's top flight status. It simply hasn't worked, even if we are to stay up this year where will we be in 5 years... Under new ownership, new manager, and probably a whole new squad, because this just isn't going to work long term. It's a real shame, as I think Lambert could have done well here, given the financial backing. But now he's lost the fans, and possibly some of the players too, so I think it's a matter of when, not if, he goes now.

• Like 2

Disappointing result today against Swansea, although I did pretty much expect it. And in a way it sort of echoes my overwhelming feeling about Paul Lambert; one of disappointment. When he first took over in 2012, remember when we thought it might be Solksjaer, I was really pleased that it was Lambert in the end. I knew how well he'd done at Norwich and hoped he could replicate that success, but with a bigger club obviously pushing to the next level. Ultimately, I suppose I always knew, once the severe budget restrictions were placed on the team, wages and transfers (although to what extent these are concrete we can only guess, will they be in place for the next manager too?) that it would be a very high risk strategy. Low risk in terms of money, but high risk playing with Villa's top flight status. It simply hasn't worked, even if we are to stay up this year where will we be in 5 years... Under new ownership, new manager, and probably a whole new squad, because this just isn't going to work long term. It's a real shame, as I think Lambert could have done well here, given the financial backing. But now he's lost the fans, and possibly some of the players too, so I think it's a matter of when, not if, he goes now.

I'm sorry I can't agree with that.Yes Lambert look the job knowing the financial constraints but he spent £40m by most peoples estimations. I am, bizarrely perhaps, one of the few that do not think he bought too badly.

What has happened in the last two seasons is that Lambert has been woefully exposed as a manager who is completely out of his depth in the Premier League. I just don't buy the fact had the circumstances been different argument. He has been completely found out as a manager and I seriously doubt he will ever manage in the top flight again. The biggest problem has been Lerner's reluctance to put Lambert out of what is clearly is his misery

I'm sorry I can't agree with that.Yes Lambert look the job knowing the financial constraints but he spent £40m by most peoples estimations. I am, bizarrely perhaps, one of the few that do not think he bought too badly.

What has happened in the last two seasons is that Lambert has been woefully exposed as a manager who is completely out of his depth in the Premier League. I just don't buy the fact had the circumstances been different argument. He has been completely found out as a manager and I seriously doubt he will ever manage in the top flight again. The biggest problem has been Lerner's reluctance to put Lambert out of what is clearly is his misery

Yes - he probably has spent roughly 40m, but that's not on a couple of players, it's to build a squad, which (although I think football money is obscene) is not a great deal of money... The argument of whether that was necessary is a different one, and one we're unlikely to be able answer. Part of what I was getting at is the wage side of it. If Stoke and Swansea are paying more than us then who will come here regardless of the transfer fee?

It's really not my place to defend Paul Lambert, and I've no intention of doing so, but in my opinion his job was made a lot harder by the strict financial restrictions and to say it didn't make it harder doesn't seem realistic to me; football is about money now.

I do totally understand the argument that aside from the financial restrictions, he's simply unfit for the job, and tactically he's poor and so on. It could well be right, but it is difficult to separate the two factors when they're so linked in terms of how we perform.

Edit: typo

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

Yes - he probably has spent roughly 40m, but that's not on a couple of players, it's to build a squad, which (although I think football money is obscene) is not a great deal of money... The argument of whether that was necessary is a different one, and one we're unlikely to be able answer. Part of what I was getting at is the wage side of it. If Stoke and Swansea are paying more than us then who will come here regardless of the transfer fee?

It's really not my place to defend Paul Lambert, and I've no intention of doing so, but in my opinion his job was made a lot harder by the strict financial restrictions and to say it didn't make it harder doesn't seem realistic to me; football is about money now.

I do totally understand the argument that aside from the financial restrictions, he's simply unfit for the job, and tactically he's poor and so on. It could well be right, but it is difficult to separate the two factors when they're so linked in terms of how we perform.

Edit: typo

I think we are probably violently agreeing here....LOL. I agree financial constraints have not helped Lambert but notwithstanding that fact the last two seasons have utterly exposed his deficiencies as a manager. I was so full of hope when we recruited him which makes it that much harder to swallow.

He really absolutely has to go. I've tried to be as supportive as possible but this is just ridiculous now. He is working in difficult circumstances and we all know that but even so the job he is doing is just dreadful. I can't even watch Villa games at the moment cos it pretty much ruins my weekend. I have no faith in him whatsoever.

Â