Paul Lambert

limpid

He had nearly a full strength squad to pick from today so can't really use injuries as an excuse, unless we are a one man team. He failed to change anything even though Palace were totally dominant and brought on Andi and Marc with only 8 minutes to go. I'm afraid I've lost faith in him.

Not defending him - but the squad is ravaged with Injuries ? 

That does not effect the formation, tactics and style of play. Lambert is one dimensional and his Sundy league way of playing has been found out 

Edited by KHV
  • Like 1

Lerner wont put up with this, he is not that stupid, most of us thought McLeish was here for another season. But I fully agree banners should start coming out just to confirm our discontent!!

Been thinking about this over the last couple of days and agree with you that Lerner won't put up with it.

No banners just an announcement on MOTD tonight that Aston Villa and Paul Lambert have parted company.

• Like 1

Oh, thanks for calling me a word removed in a private message. Really shows your standing in society. You are an appeaser and that is it.

Forward that to the mods, that's disgraceful behaviour and nobody should have to put up with it.

• Like 3

Frankly, Lambert has to go, at this rate we won't pick up another point this season under him and today was a joke. Zero goal threat and he watched our team get pegged back for 25 minutes without making a change, and then puts two positive players on with 7 minutes left, when we're already losing and it's too late to make a difference. He's as bad as McLeish and the fact people still back him baffles me

• Like 1

Really needs to sort it out. Looks like he's losing it.

Doubled by Fulham, Palace, Stoke this season.

Get the **** out.

Someone get the banner made for the next game please.

Ridiculous. Not what we need at all right now.
It really is what we need right now. The fans can only do so much to motivate the players and create an atmosphere. If they are not being motivated by the manager and the manager doesn't have a clue in general, what hope do we have? We might as well show that we think lambert needs to go and hope it happens ASAP.
Yes because holding up banners is really going to motivate the players more. Fans have a right to voice their discontent after a game and many of the criticisms against Lambert are valid but during the game we need to be united behind the team. Let's not make Villa Park more negative than it already is.
We have been right behind the team for the whole season thus far. We have just lost our fourth game in a row for the second time this season. To add to that we have lost to Fulham, Stoke and Crystal palace within that last 4, all of which completed the double over us this season. We might as well show our discontent right now, because let's face it, the way we are playing us staying up will probably depend on other teams doing us a favour. Really not happy with how things are going at the moment and another change is needed, Unfortunately.

Thank you for bringing those results to my attention - I had no idea that we were in such shit form or that we had lost those games.

But no, I think this attitude of "we might as well show our discontent now" is ridiculous when we're right in a relegation battle now. It won't help anything.

Edited by Mantis

He has to go but the sad thing is we'll get a poor manager in and it'll be the same year after year.

This club needs Lerner to sell in the summer or we'll go down next year, deservedly.

• Like 1

Lambertites? Really?

So if you don't want him sacked you're put in some stupid category?

Seriously done here now, pathetic.

Don't let It bother you chap, it only indicates they have a weak argument to make. When we beat Palace next Saturday these people will be quietened. Up the Villa.  :)

Well that went well didn't it Mr Gentleman!

Happy you are delighted with us losing. Well done.

Not happy with us losing but happy that someone like you has been put in his place after your pathetic comments about weak arguments!

Gloating after a lost....you are the pathetic one chap. 

Oh, thanks for calling me a word removed in a private message. Really shows your standing in society. You are an appeaser and that is it.

To be fair, regardless of whether you were right or not, gloating in somebody's face immediately after a loss for a team we all love is a bit of an idiotic move.

Unless Lerner changes, we'll still be in the same boat. A lack of investment when rebuilding an entire squad really shows, especially with injuries.

At least that beats blaming it on the ref every week.

• Like 3

He has to go but the sad thing is we'll get a poor manager in and it'll be the same year after year.

This club needs Lerner to sell in the summer or we'll go down next year, deservedly.

Yep. 

Don't get me wrong, Lerner can do what he wants with his cash and I thank him for giving it a go in the first place, but if he doesn't give a shit or doesn't care enough to make us competitive anymore then he just needs to sell up.

• Like 1

the games vs stoke, fulham and today have all been down to him and his tactics / use of subs, not the players, not injuries, not ref decisions, not luck... lambert and his poor tactics

i dont see where else we can go, maybe finish the year and then do it, but then id rather we took the gamble and hoped for a finish similar to the one under mcallister 

Please report it. Disgraceful given the person in question continually attempts to appoint himself as some sort of moral standard on here. 

• Like 2

Really needs to sort it out. Looks like he's losing it.

Doubled by Fulham, Palace, Stoke this season.

Get the **** out.

Someone get the banner made for the next game please.

Ridiculous. Not what we need at all right now.
It really is what we need right now. The fans can only do so much to motivate the players and create an atmosphere. If they are not being motivated by the manager and the manager doesn't have a clue in general, what hope do we have? We might as well show that we think lambert needs to go and hope it happens ASAP.
Yes because holding up banners is really going to motivate the players more. Fans have a right to voice their discontent after a game and many of the criticisms against Lambert are valid but during the game we need to be united behind the team. Let's not make Villa Park more negative than it already is.
We have been right behind the team for the whole season thus far. We have just lost our fourth game in a row for the second time this season. To add to that we have lost to Fulham, Stoke and Crystal palace within that last 4, all of which completed the double over us this season. We might as well show our discontent right now, because let's face it, the way we are playing us staying up will probably depend on other teams doing us a favour. Really not happy with how things are going at the moment and another change is needed, Unfortunately.

Thank you for bringing those results to my attention - I had no idea that we were in such shit form or that we had lost those games.

But no, I think this attitude of "we might as well show our discontent now" is ridiculous when we're right in a relegation battle now. It won't help anything.

Well going by what you are saying it sounds as though you haven't quite realised what situation we are actually in here. Maybe you're happy with us being in the championship. I don't know. In my opinion we as fans 'might as well' start protesting for change.

Still excuses being made. Well done.

Mate at the game said fans have turned on him.

Yep, I'm hearing the fans at the game today have let him know in no uncertain terms that he's a useless word removed.

Apparently when he tried to go over to clap the away fans they turned on him en masse.

Dead man walking.

Couldnt have said it better!

Forward that to the mods, that's disgraceful behaviour and nobody should have to put up with it.

Thanks mate but to be honest I can't be bothered with the mods. If Gentleman has to resort to that sort of tactic then as far as I am concerned he has lost any argument pro Lambert that he clung on to.

Â