Paul Lambert

limpid

What I find most disappointing after the awful results Is the tragic style of hoof ball we have adopted

Really not easy on the eye

Thats why I want Laudrup in to see what he can do. There's no chance he will be doing worse than Lambert and Eck anyways. Give him a go, at least we will improve our passing
Whether it be Laudrup or whoever I just want a manager that actually knows how to play football.

I want to be proud of the way my team plays and I want fans and managers of other teams and football pundits to comment on the fact that Villa play good football.

I don't expect to win titles or cups or be the English version of Barcelona.

Is that too much to want for a fan of a club the size of Aston Villa?

No it's not too much to want, but unfortunately we are in transition and in all honesty we don't know how good this manger is or whether he is our long term solution yet.

Admittedly he's made some questionable decisions regarding tactics and subs, but we have to accept that he MAY HAVE BEEN restricted so much financially with fees and probably more so by wages that he's been unable to roll out his own plan.

Lambert came out in public and stated that Lerner hasn't provided funds for the players he has targeted. I imagine this is the case as if it was not the truth there would have been repercussions.

Most of us aren't happy with results, but we haven't seen what he can do with right backing.

This club is in a permanent state of transition

A point not to be missed but we need a decent manager in first before that habitual transition can stop.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-seeking-6980156

Lambert now putting pressure on Lerner. He should have done this a long time ago...

I call my boss when I want to 'put pressure' on him.

He also lives abroad and never comes to Birmingham (why should he when I do such a good job!?)

I think this is just Lambert admitting that his policy of youth over experience doesn't work and, in fairness to Lambert, is probably induced by journalists' questioning, rather than any particular view.

All academic anyway, as the chances are that he won't be here in the summer.

When has Lambert spent over 10m on anybody?

At least be accurate if you're going to try and be witty.

Why do you care? Lambert doesn't like quality anyways he prefer quantity, thats my main point and consern
Yeah he should of just signed 5 or 6 players instead of 18,  we would breeze through the season.  Who needs a squad eh?

Strange then that people use the injuries excuse for him when he signed squad-fillers for that exact reason.

Yeah and what would of happened if he had signed 5 or 6 big signings and 3 of them got serious injuries?   The squad is only now at the point where we can add the quality players needed to push us on.  We should have a decent squad next year if the manager is allowed to add 3 or 4 quality players to it and get rid of a couple of players that didn't work out.  It's unrealistic to expect us to be anything other than what we have been in the last couple of seasons as the turn-around has been massive.  

But thats my point - it isnt. None of the players added last summer have added anything at first team level. OK Bacuna has blown hot and cold - Okore might - as may Kozak. But in terms of building the squad last summers dealings have progressed us very little. I still like Lambert - but there needs to be a upheaval whether he goes or stays..... 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-seeking-6980156

Lambert now putting pressure on Lerner. He should have done this a long time ago...

He also lives abroad and never comes to Birmingham (why should he when I do such a good job!?)

I think this is just Lambert admitting that his policy of youth over experience doesn't work and, in fairness to Lambert, is probably induced by journalists' questioning, rather than any particular view.

Of course he will be here next season. What makes you think otherwise? He is working on a project which is going to take a few season to really kick in. It's like turning an oil tanker in the middle of the road... Edited by Tayls

Of course he will be here next season. What makes you think otherwise? He is working on a project which is going to take a few season to really kick in. It's like turning an oil tanker in the middle of the road...

.......project procrastination.

This may have been agreed between Lambert and Lerner at the start though. The club has constantly referred to Lambert reign as "long term".

He just looks stupid now. Was only a couple of months ago he was signing his praises.

I assume that 'His Praises' was another cheap signing who accepted £5k per week? ;)

Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. Get out. 

• Like 1

Lambertites? Really?

So if you don't want him sacked you're put in some stupid category?

Seriously done here now, pathetic.

Don't let It bother you chap, it only indicates they have a weak argument to make. When we beat Palace next Saturday these people will be quietened. Up the Villa.  :)

Well that went well didn't it Mr Gentleman!

Today was a shambles from start to finish. Lambert genuinely doesn't look like he knows what he's doing

Yep, his head has gone. He has to go now.

He won't be sacked, we have to hope he will walk.

Â