Paul Lambert

limpid

The problem isn't that he got it totally wrong today, it is that he has been doing precisely that almost the whole season.

I can't see us picking up another point this season. We may as well bin him now and put Sid in charge, then look for a replacement in the summer.

Anyone still sure we are not going down must have balls of steel.

• Like 2

Lambertites? Really?

So if you don't want him sacked you're put in some stupid category?

Seriously done here now, pathetic.

Don't let It bother you chap, it only indicates they have a weak argument to make. When we beat Palace next Saturday these people will be quietened. Up the Villa. :)

Well that went well didn't it Mr Gentleman!

Happy you are delighted with us losing. Well done.

Not happy with us losing but happy that someone like you has been put in his place after your pathetic comments about weak arguments!

Gloating after a lost....you are the pathetic one chap.

Oh, thanks for calling me a word removed in a private message. Really shows your standing in society. You are an appeaser and that is it.

To be fair, regardless of whether you were right or not, gloating in somebody's face immediately after a loss for a team we all love is a bit of an idiotic move.

To be fair it is nothing to do with you and it was no more gloating than the comment he made initially.

To be fair, you did post it onto the forum which suggests you were looking for opinions. Both should apologise to each other and move on...

Unless Lerner changes, we'll still be in the same boat. A lack of investment when rebuilding an entire squad really shows, especially with injuries.

Lack of investment didn't pick that starting XI and formation today though
Do you really believe that?

There was no need to start 3 cbs today. Only Lambert made that choice, so yes I do

The 3 centre backs route has served us quite well away from home this season.  This wasnt the reason we lost today, this was due to a lack of quality.

Lambertites? Really?

So if you don't want him sacked you're put in some stupid category?

Seriously done here now, pathetic.

Don't let It bother you chap, it only indicates they have a weak argument to make. When we beat Palace next Saturday these people will be quietened. Up the Villa. :)
Well that went well didn't it Mr Gentleman!
Happy you are delighted with us losing. Well done.
Not happy with us losing but happy that someone like you has been put in his place after your pathetic comments about weak arguments!
Gloating after a lost....you are the pathetic one chap.
Oh, thanks for calling me a word removed in a private message. Really shows your standing in society. You are an appeaser and that is it.

To be fair, regardless of whether you were right or not, gloating in somebody's face immediately after a loss for a team we all love is a bit of an idiotic move.

To be fair it is nothing to do with you and it was no more gloating than the comment he made initially.

To be fair, you did post it onto the forum which suggests you were looking for opinions. Both should apologise to each other and move on...

Fair enough. I will wait for the public apology for the private message calling me a word removed.

I am eagerly anticipating the mumbling incoherent excuses our 'manager' will dish up in his post match interview.

• Like 1

We may get less points than McLeish.

Major progress.

These snide remarks are pathetic.

Maybe, but the same remarks about progress were being made constantly by others during the season - not so much now. I think every time BJ10 made a point, the reply was "but we have progressed".

It's no wonder he wants to make a point.

• Like 3

It's bad enough losing but its the manner of the defeats that makes me sick. I can stomach losing if I can see we have had a real go. Today we set up for a point and even when it was blatantly obvious in the second half that we would need to be very fortunate to secure it Lambert still failed to change things and the inevitable happened. It is not the first time he has done it this season either.

Lambert came with this reputation of being a believer in attacking football and happy to have a go and try and go all out for a win at the risk of losing a game. We simply haven't seen that. Players aren't stupid and it must be so disheartening being an Aston Villa player and you go to a newly promoted Crystal Palace, lowest scorers in the league, and before a ball has been kicked the manager sets up with a formation that tells all and sundry we are playing for a draw. That doesn't absolve the players of all blame by the way.

I am so disappointed in Lambert. He was my number one choice to replace Houllier never mind McLeish. I thought he had that something special about him but I was so,  so wrong. I do however feel I have been done under the trade descriptions act. As I said he came with a reputation for attacking football and talked a good game and has turned out to be as negative and lacking in football nous as McLeish.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

I find it pretty pathetic that some people seem more interested in point scoring and getting in sly digs at other fans rather than talking about Lambert.

more booing and negativity is not going to help.

Well, our support at home has been mostly positive so far and has yielded 10+ losses, so it really can't hurt.

Of course it can. It certainly won't help so why do it?

Edited by Mantis

The problem isn't that he got it totally wrong today, it is that he has been doing precisely that almost the whole season.

I can't see us picking up another point this season. We may as well bin him now and put Sid in charge, then look for a replacement in the summer.

Anyone still sure we are not going down must have balls of steel.

Totally agree with this.

This is the manager that last season master minded our defeat over 2 legs to a 2nd division team and in our last 2 matches has plotted the home and away defeats to Fulham and Crystal Palace - impressive!

• Like 1

I find it pretty pathetic that some people seem more interested in point scoring and getting in sly digs at other fans rather than talking about Lambert.

Well, our support at home has been mostly positive so far and has yielded 10+ losses, so it really can't hurt.

This is what I was getting at earlier Mantis - what is the point in remaing positive because no matter what we do we are pretty much all of the time left disappointed.

I find it pretty pathetic that some people continue to defend Lambert.

Who is actually defending Lambert here?

This is what I was getting at earlier Mantis - what is the point in remaing positive because no matter what we do we are pretty much all of the time left disappointed.

Because it doesn't help. We're pissed off about how terrible home form so why do something that is just going to contribute to that or at the very least not help?

Edited by Mantis

I am eagerly anticipating the mumbling incoherent excuses our 'manager' will dish up in his post match interview.

You've just heard them hopefully. What a **** clearing in the woods he is

Â