Paul Lambert

limpid

It wasnt acceptable under mcleish and it isnt acceptable now.

We only perform when the pressure is off and we have space in behind to counter into. Lambert cant change a game off the bench, He cant set a team up to break teams down,  He only reacts after goals get conceded. Its pitiful,

Aimless hoofball for 90 minutes, zero attacking threat, Zero creativity, Zero Movement. We are the worst team in the league in possession of the ball and this is down to coaching. Not good enough.

Lambert is lucky he was given an easy ride for so long. The fact that he is not McLeish has well and truely worn off now. He was lucky he walked in to the job after the previous manager was hated so much.

• Like 1

Just to dissuade the people calling for his head now I don't believe it will happen before the end of the season because:

- Lerner has shown himself to be so frugal these days that he wont be willing to pay out again for sacking a manager.

- They didn't sack him last year when we were in a fairly similiar position, although then we were trending up, not down the league.

- The board may look to other examples around the league (such as Norwich) and see how sacking a manager may have no positive impact on short term (5 games) results.

Personally, I think a change is warranted in the summer. Lambert will argue lack of funds and recent injury crisis but there's another side of his job, that of coaching and improving players, that he can offer no evidence in his defence. Outside of Delph I can't think of a single player who has improved, to a large degree, their playing ability compared to the prior season.

I think, at the very least, you want to see some kind of progress and that just hasn't been shown often enough this season outside of very sporadic 20 minute spells.

The best thing that can happen to this club is for a new owner to come in in the summer, sweeping in with all the changes that come with it. Until then we just have to hope the players as much as the manager and coaching staff get their act together over this final month.

If Lerner is staying then Lambert will not be going, that is for certain. His deal is on the table.

This one was right out of the McLeish playbook. Absolutely atrocious that we've had 2 years of stability and what we saw today is the end product.

Thing is, I really just don't care if Lambert stays or goes, as I'm pretty confident the board will cock up the next appointment, and their choice won't be backed anyway.

Club has been slowly rotting for 4 years

• Like 1

Well going by what you are saying it sounds as though you haven't quite realised what situation we are actually in here. Maybe you're happy with us being in the championship. I don't know. In my opinion we as fans 'might as well' start protesting for change.

Yes, I'd absolutely love to see us go down. I just love watching us lose every week and playing shit.

Read my damn posts. I have not tried to defend Lambert after this and I certainly haven't said or implied anywhere that I'm anything but pissed off with what's happening. All I'm saying is that I don't think more negativity at VP is what we need at the moment - all I'm asking is that the fans get behind the team.

This is the problem with the black and white thinking that has infested this place - if you're not screaming and shouting about everything then that must mean you're happy. What a load of rubbish.

Change is needed Mantis, and you know it.

Too much crap has happened this season, Lambert is awful, and quite frankly 80% of the first team squad are also awful. We are just hoping now for a couple of lucky draws, maybe even a fluky win because the law of averages suggests we will pick up some points somewhere. Although to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised of we continue this losing streak...

And where did I say it wasn't?

Jesus Christ just because I'm asking fans to support the team and hold off from making VP even more negative at such a critical time doesn't mean I don't think change is needed or that I'd be happy to see us in the Championship.

Sometimes it seems like people read what they want to read instead of what is actually written.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

This one was right out of the McLeish playbook. Absolutely atrocious that we've had 2 years of stability and what we saw today is the end product.

Thing is, I really just don't care if Lambert stays or goes, as I'm pretty confident the board will cock up the next appointment, and their choice won't be backed anyway.

Wholeheartedly agree. It's just shuffling deckchairs on the titanic. As it stands we will go down, if not this year then the next.

Well going by what you are saying it sounds as though you haven't quite realised what situation we are actually in here. Maybe you're happy with us being in the championship. I don't know. In my opinion we as fans 'might as well' start protesting for change.

Yes, I'd absolutely love to see us go down. I just love watching us lose every week and playing shit.

Read my damn posts. I have not tried to defend Lambert after this and I certainly haven't said or implied anywhere that I'm anything but pissed off with what's happening. All I'm saying is that I don't think more negativity at VP is what we need at the moment - all I'm asking is that the fans get behind the team.

This is the problem with the black and white thinking that has infested this place - if you're not screaming and shouting about everything then that must mean you're happy. What a load of rubbish.

I agree with that but the reality is the club is losing or has lost great swathes of the fans. To to be totally honest at the home games its very hard to 'get behind' a team that plays so shockingly badly. Personally I have never booed the team but I don't have a problem with those that do. 

I do struggle with the concept that any fan can come on here and defend Lambert now. I feel quite sorry for the bloke as he is so obviously not up to the job he is being asked to do. The combination of Lerner and Lambert have made us a laughing stock as a club. If by some miracle we stay up and for the record I don't see us getting any more points this season we will be relegated next season because the simple inescapable fact is that Lambert is not a premiership grade manager. The only people who cannot see this beyond a few deluded souls haunting this thread is Randy Lerner and Paul Faulkner.

I'd hazard a guess that he has also lost the dressing room now.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

Unless Lerner changes, we'll still be in the same boat. A lack of investment when rebuilding an entire squad really shows, especially with injuries.

Lack of investment didn't pick that starting XI and formation today though

Do you really believe that?

There was no need to start 3 cbs today. Only Lambert made that choice, so yes I do

Lambertites? Really?

So if you don't want him sacked you're put in some stupid category?

Seriously done here now, pathetic.

Don't let It bother you chap, it only indicates they have a weak argument to make. When we beat Palace next Saturday these people will be quietened. Up the Villa.  :)

Well that went well didn't it Mr Gentleman!

Happy you are delighted with us losing. Well done.

Not happy with us losing but happy that someone like you has been put in his place after your pathetic comments about weak arguments!

Gloating after a lost....you are the pathetic one chap. 

Oh, thanks for calling me a word removed in a private message. Really shows your standing in society. You are an appeaser and that is it.

To be fair, regardless of whether you were right or not, gloating in somebody's face immediately after a loss for a team we all love is a bit of an idiotic move.

To be fair it is nothing to do with you and it was no more gloating than the comment he made initially.

The same was done against Newcastle as well. Lambert has made the same mistakes over and over again. I just don't see how he is still in the job and to be perfectly honest he should have gone in January 2013 after a wretched run. He has assembled an awful side.

Too much crap has happened this season, Lambert is awful, and quite frankly 80% of the first team squad are also awful. We are just hoping now for a couple of lucky draws, maybe even a fluky win because the law of averages suggests we will pick up some points somewhere. Although to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised of we continue this losing streak...

Jesus Christ just because I'm asking fans to support the team and hold off from making VP even more negative at such a critical time doesn't mean I don't think change is needed or that I'd be happy to see us in the Championship.

Sometimes it seems like people read what they want to read instead of what is actually written.

What I don't understand is why you think we shouldn't act now to ensure a change is made at VP, during home games, given the performances that fans have had to endure for the entire season (apart from on, what, 4 occasions?) - and also bearing in mind that we are likely to be relying on other results to ensure our safety?

(Maximum 1000 words to be used)

Edited by Tayls

We may get less points than McLeish.

Major progress.

I thought that McLeish season would be the worst in our premiership history, I was never a Lambert fan, infact I have always disliked him but I never thought he would serve up more crap than Eck did.

Getting rid of Lambert will only be papering over the cracks, wholesale changes are needed if we ever want to be competitive again!

In the long term, yes.

But you can't possibly tell me right now that keeping that mumbling idiot in charge is the answer. Even Kevin McDonald would get more out of these players.

Sid Cowans in now I say, let him have his opportunity, he has earned it!

I honestly believe that nobody could get this team that much higher in the league, its simply not good enough to be scraping around in the European B leagues for players.

Even if some of our players do exceed expectations and do well for us how long will it be till the likes of Stoke come in and offer a massive wage increase (Not to mention the big teams)?

Whats the point?

What I don't understand is why you think we shouldn't act now to ensure a change is made at VP, during home games, given the performances that fans have had to endure for the entire season (apart from on, what, 4 occasions?) - and also bearing in mind that we are likely to be relying on other results to ensure our safety?

(Maximum 1000 words to be used)

Because it's not going to do anything. We're really in a relegation battle now and we have to get behind the team because more booing and negativity is not going to help.

Whether we stay up or not is still in our own hands at the moment, but we really need to stop this rot.

Â