Paul Lambert

limpid

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Apparently Ipswich are close to a takeover, having their debt cleared and he will get the sack and be replaced by Paul Cook. Fantastic news for Ipswich fans.

Good news. I quite like ipswich thwy should never be in league one

Cook will get back them up and bw a great appointment for them

• Like 2

I think some overrate how good Ipswich are based on their name, they should be doing better but their squad isn't that great even by League One standards, they've also had a lot injuries and players out with covid this season. I don't think Lambert will have any trouble finding another club, wouldn't be surprised to see him get a championship team.

if Lambert does leave I hope they get Cook, as have been concerned he might end up at small heath, as he apparently applied for that job in the summer, but was turned down.

Well I said that they should be doing better, but their squad is not as good as some make it out to be, I'm not sure if that's because they can't see past the name Ipswich and think that they should be doing well in League One just because of their name, or they know very well that their squad isn't that great but say otherwise because of some obssesion with painting Lambert in a worse light than is the reality of the situation - notice this thread gets bumped when Ipswich lose a game, but not when they win a game.

They're five points off the play offs, with a game in hand over the team in sixth place, and have had to contend with a lot of injuries and most of their squad catching covid.

Edited by useless
Edit I looked at the table wrong, they haven't got a game in hand over the team in sixth place, but do have a game in hand over the other three teams in the play-offs.

It happens often enough so it shouldn’t really register, but I always find it slightly weird when a manager is let go after a victory, no matter how poorly they were doing before. I know work behind the scenes may delay a sacking, but still.

Maybe it’s because we don’t ever seem to do that, not sure who the last one was. Houllier maybe, but that was rather different and he wasn’t in charge of the final couple of games. O’Leary ended with a win, but the takeover happened so again not really the same. Gregory quit after a win, I don’t believe Atkinson or Little were dismissed after victories.

46 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It happens often enough so it shouldn’t really register, but I always find it slightly weird when a manager is let go after a victory, no matter how poorly they were doing before. I know work behind the scenes may delay a sacking, but still.

Maybe it’s because we don’t ever seem to do that, not sure who the last one was. Houllier maybe, but that was rather different and he wasn’t in charge of the final couple of games. O’Leary ended with a win, but the takeover happened so again not really the same. Gregory quit after a win, I don’t believe Atkinson or Little were dismissed after victories.

Sir Brian resigned.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'd love to see him at celtic, it would ensure their demise. 

dour football and playing that strange Dortmund style he discovered of possession for the sake of passing at home to teams  Ross County and Airdrie

Â