Paul Lambert

limpid

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Lambert gave us some memorable wins despite his shitness.

Those wins at the emirates and anfield.

But my god the final season was **** awful.  Remember that period when we conceding near enough every corner? Every team would just try get a corner off us knowing they would score.  Dark days

🤣 Remember according to Lambert we have no divine right to beat a league 2 over two legs. Dark days indeed. 

• Haha 1

This guy gave me 2 of the worst years of supporting this club between 2013-15. The relegation season was probably worse but I was numb to it by then, and the Leicester story was a welcome distraction. 

Funny though, because he was by far my first choice manager before he took over, and many other people's on here. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

This guy gave me 2 of the worst years of supporting this club between 2013-15. The relegation season was probably worse but I was numb to it by then, and the Leicester story was a welcome distraction. 

Funny though, because he was by far my first choice manager before he took over, and many other people's on here. 

The only time in my life I've stopped paying any interest in villa and football in general was the final Lambert years. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

🤣 Remember according to Lambert we have no divine right to beat a league 2 over two legs. Dark days indeed. 

There was a bit of a dead cat bounce after that result but to be honest he should have gone after that Bradford farce. Absolutely embarrassing 

15 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

This guy gave me 2 of the worst years of supporting this club between 2013-15.

Yeah, but what about this?

DiscoLambo.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Id say that was me the return of no going back. How the **** he loses two games against a league two side. Absymal 

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The 15-0 period in Christmas broke him. He knew he couldn't play as attacking with the defence we had. Our back 5 in that period was Lichaj - Herd - Baker - Clark - Lowton. I'd be waking up in cold sweats thinking about that too.

I would say it was the back end of season two, as after that disaster we actually went on a bit of a run to come 15th and stay up. Lowton scoring a screamer at Stoke springs to mind. In year 2 we went out and bought a load of cheap foreign signings, had a half decent start and then got progressively worse and more defensive. By the end of the season he has already lost the majority of the away fans and it still amazes me that not only he lasted about another 10 months after that we were stupid enough to extend his and Gabby's contracts.

Edited by The Fun Factory

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The only time in my life I've stopped paying any interest in villa and football in general was the final Lambert years. 

Yep agreed, Lambert made me hate football, and for that I will always hate him. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep agreed, Lambert made me hate football, and for that I will always hate him. 

Thirded.

I never even used to look at the result until the next day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Under Emery we have no divine right to beat a league 2 side at home in the cups either.

I mean we never have a 'divine right' to beat anybody. You have to turn up and deserve it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Under Emery we have no divine right to beat a league 2 side at home in the cups either.

Totally different scenarios and reactions. Emery looked into the camera and apologised - and then won the next two games and binned off the fringes of the squad - subsequently qualified for Europe. Emery is class, thanks for trigging my memory of that. 😁

And there's no divine right for Paul Lambert to be Villa manager too. Paul Lambert was a cosplay of Martin O'Neill without half the talent or pride. 🤣it is hilarious people can justify or accept losing two games against an inferior side in a semi final. There's no comparison. It is unacceptable. I will never forgive and forget  that semi final - total disgrace. The guy melted under the pressure at Villa. 

Â