Paul Lambert

limpid

The Bradford game was beyond a farce, so humiliating. 

We should by rights really have gone down the season before his last anyway. I think we beat Chelsea at home, Arsenal and high flying Soton away and drew with pool at Anfield. Normally we'd get 0-2 points from that lot not 10 and that kept us up, think we survived by 5

12 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

We should by rights really have gone down the season before his last anyway. I think we beat Chelsea at home, Arsenal and high flying Soton away and drew with pool at Anfield. Normally we'd get 0-2 points from that lot not 10 and that kept us up, think we survived by 5

He had a Solskjaer like lucky wins at the right time

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

I went up there on the official coaches.

The locals were lining the route away from the ground to jeer us. It was utterly humiliating. 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The 8-0 against Chelsea was one of the worst results our clubs ever had.

Like i said first season was decent but it just went down hill from there.

It's kind of funny that when we beat the near full-strength reigning champions 7-2, they consider it just a blip and quickly move on from it, but us losing 8-0 to a Chelsea side that had a squad that looked literally leagues above us (seriously, look at those lineups I posted on the previous page), it's humiliating and we still remember it 8 years later. A back 5 including Clark, Baker, Herd and Lichaj should have never played a single PL game together.

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's kind of funny that when we beat the near full-strength reigning champions 7-2, they consider it just a blip and quickly move on from it, but us losing 8-0 to a Chelsea side that had a squad that looked literally leagues above us (seriously, look at those lineups I posted on the previous page), it's humiliating and we still remember it 8 years later. A back 5 including Clark, Baker, Herd and Lichaj should have never played a single PL game together.

In fairness it was a blip for Liverpool I dont think they have lost since 

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It wasn't a blip for us either, we lost the next 2 games 7-0 ;)

ouf! being reminded of that spell of games again is not a pleasant experience at all. bloody Wigan too! WIGAN!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

ouf! being reminded of that spell of games again is not a pleasant experience at all. bloody Wigan too! WIGAN!

Probably the most embarrassing game I’ve witnessed at VP. One of the only times I’ve seen the stadium empty by 60mins. 

worst part was I was sitting in the away end that day because We had free tickets 

13 hours ago, Keyblade said:

They knew they had the squad to bounce back, and it was simply a case of someone finding out the weakness in their system. They knew they had it in them to recover.

It was different for us. We didn't have that luxury at all. It really felt like it was something that was going to happen a lot.

39 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Chris Herd is now 31 years old and plying his trade in the Bangladeshi Premier League.

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Wow, look at that descent after he left us

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Herd

I remember being In Corporate hospitality at a league cup game he played.  He'd been annoying me all game giving away stupid free kicks.  Then he gave away another one at the edge of our box and a fee people in our vicinity started moaning and as the hubbub died down I just shouted "AND GET YOUR HAIR CUT" 

I got a lot of funny looks but he'd got that big mop of hair which had also been getting on my nerves. 

Â