Paul Lambert

limpid

Paul's comments are being made to look silly by the teams form since Tim came in.

No one expected 6th or 7th but the form since he departed could see us challenging for those spots. And with the same set of players, i.e not having to spend any more money.

I don't think he ever recovered from losing his wing men, Culverhouse and Karsa, because having a good team around you is important. The job he did Norwich was superb and a team effort talking to Norwich fans. 

He was sacked far too late but luckily, and i'll keep my fingers crossed, just in time.

A lot of people wanted it to work out for Paul, it didn't. But now stop making excuses about injuries and finances because your whole tenure was dogged by you not being able to get the team scoring goals and winning games. Also trying to justify not using Grealish more and taking credit for 'we gave him his debut'.

Edited by piav_k4
  • Like 2

To be fair we do!!

I dont. I have no expectation of league position. The days when we should be expecting higher echelons of the league are long gone. I expect us to try, wear the shirt with pride and attempt good football. No league position expectations here.

Edited by Don_Simon

On talksport now. He just used the phrase 'I go again'

Obviously getting a bit desperate and trying to get his name back out there.

yeah, a multi millionaire being without a job for a few months. Must be really desperate.

There's actually no reason at all why he'd be desperate.

I bet he hasn't even considered a new job yet, let alone become desperate to get one. How many have even been available since he's been unemployed? Hardly any, so what would have caused him to become desperate?

The first season was all about survival after some dramatic turnover of players. We did that, and improved towards the end of the season. No one predicted 6th or 7th as a lot of people were predicting relegation from the start of the season. He did ok that season.

Second season was about improving on that. He didn't we went backwards, mainly due to big injury problems. But all teams suffer from these, so not one signing made a difference. Should have got the sack, because McLeish got the sack after a similar season. And any Villa manager gaining less than 40 points should. No one predicted or hoped 6th or 7th, just improvement into lower midtable.

This season was a mess. After stumbling to 3 wins in the first 4 games, I remember saying its a quarter the way to safety, and boy was I correct. The worst football probably played in the top flight ensured. 25-35% possession in every game with 3-4 shots a game was horrible to witness. This brought a change in philosophy. We started to dominate possession, but still created nothing as the players were keeping the ball in the area teams let us keep it. The lack of movement became more apparent the more we kept the ball. The players we're drilled to keep their shape, this was the most important part of the team. With lack of funds, and uncertainly about the club he kept his job as a convenience as the club was up for sale. I have no idea what the contract extension was all about. No one absolutely no one expected 6th or 7th. This was shocking and a mess on and off the pitch. And Tim is currently showing what a pigs ear he made of it too.

• Like 2

On talksport now. He just used the phrase 'I go again'

Obviously getting a bit desperate and trying to get his name back out there.

yeah, a multi millionaire being without a job for a few months. Must be really desperate.

Doesn't matter how much money he has, he will want to be a premier league manager and there's lots of competition to get not many jobs. The fact he's on skysports and on talksport show he wants to get his name back out there and talked about again. He could well fall down a level very easily.

There's actually no reason at all why he'd be desperate.

I bet he hasn't even considered a new job yet, let alone become desperate to get one. How many have even been available since he's been unemployed? Hardly any, so what would have caused him to become desperate?

Coming to the end of season, I'd imagine there will be a couple of jobs available in the summer. I doubt he fancies chatting to the media because he's bored.

Because if you're out of action for too long, you're not going to get that premier league job.

His best bet is trying to get back in as soon as possible. Every game that goes by is damaging his reputation (which is why I guess his agent has him speaking to the media to get his excuses out there) I could see him being easily forgotten by the premier league if he's out the game for a while.

Because if you're out of action for too long, you're not going to get that premier league job.

His best bet is trying to get back in as soon as possible. Every game that goes by is damaging his reputation (which is why I guess his agent has him speaking to the media to get his excuses out there) I could see him being easily forgotten by the premier league if he's out the game for a while.

He'll be alright. If one of the better Championship clubs have a vacancy this summer he could go there, more likely I think he'll come in in November or December for one of the early sackings in the Prem.

I'll be interested to see how he does. After almost 3 years in charge I can't really tell you whether he's actually a good manager or not. He was certainly not what I hoped he might be when he joined, but he has at least left us with a squad that can challenge in areas of the table that the outlay over his tenure suggests would be difficult. 

Looking forward to starting a season without him though to be frank. Hopefully with the FA cup in the bag. 

Â